Guys, concerned about my friend's boyfriend's borderline abusive ways. Is this normal?

My boyfriend and my friend's boyfriend play on the same basketball team. We go to watch every game because we enjoy watching and supporting. Anyway, the outcome of the game always affects my friend's boyfriend's attitude towards her and I can't stand going to games and seeing him. My boyfriend never takes a loss out on me because he knows I'm there to support and the loss isn't my fault. However, my friend's boyfriend will yell at her, not even look at her, push her away, or throw something like a towel at her. But when he wins he's all lovey and affectionate and I can't stand it. I hate to see my friend treated this way, but I've already talked to her about it and she understands where he's coming from. My boyfriend said that he's gotten so mad over a loss that he's punched the wall and hurt his hand and my friend has to drive him home. She's also said "they have to win or he'll take it out on me!" Guys, is this normal or should I be worried for my friend?

2

What Guys Said 2

• It isn't normal. It is a game. Your friend has no self esteem if she "understands" him. She needs to move on. If he gets so upset over a game what will be do on something more serious.

• Your friend is going out with a caveman. She should get the hell out before he loses it for real and punches her in the face.