Ladies please no bs?

I met up with an old hs friend. She's now hot and when we met up she tried giving me a hi hug. I didn't know how to act. I got stuck/nervous so i didn't hug back. It got weird and she instantly pulled back halfway through her hug. She must of felt rejected. As soon as she left i text her it was great seeing her and she said it was for her too. I then replied apologizing saying i totally wasn't expecting a hug but that''ll i'll show some love next time. She didn't even text back after that.

Did i do the right thing? now i'm worried/wondering if i now look weird in her eyes. What if i was wrong and she didn't even try hugging me? maybe that's why she must of thought wtf is he talking about. No i don't like her we are just friends.

Most Helpful Girl

• The hug rejection wasn't good. I understand though it was a honest error and I have empathy! You fixed it by telling her you're sorry and that's far good enough. You showed her that you acknowledged a honest mistake and that is all you can do. Yes it was the right thing to do. I'm sure she tried giving you a hug. You wouldn't have dreamed that. If it looked that way then it was a hug. Stop overthinking. Likely she didn't respond because she was reminded of the rejection she felt in the moment and needs time to process the apology. In her mind she likely thought you weren't interested and now it's a shift in the dynamics again. Give it time and see how things happen.

What Girls Said 3

• It's kind of hard to confuse a hug. Like, she either went in for a hug or she didn't. She wasn't going to launch herself forward to perch on your head or something. You made it weird when you sent the unnecessary explanation text. Now she thinks you're weird and probably won't talk to you again. Good job.

• You are WAAYYY overthinking this. Ok, it was awkward you didn't hug but to dwell and then text about it is completely unnecessary. I'm sure she didn't text back because she's not dwelling as much as you are on the subject. Do yourself s favor and never bring up the hug or lack of again.

• Apologize to her and say hi.

What Guys Said 0