Would you ever date your best friend?

I'm trying to convince my best friend to date me right now so I'm wondering if anyone else would date theirs or has and how it's gone. I'm as excited as I am scared, things are going slowly for us yet they are going.

• I wouldn't
  • Still with them
  • It didn't work out
    Vote C
  • I would
    Vote D

Most Helpful Girl

• Well, I'd like my boyfriend to be my best friend, but I wouldn't date my current best friends. They are both guys and while I love them to death, they are not compatible with me as more than friends. Even if they wanted to date, I'd say no. I'm just not interested.

Most Helpful Guy

• I would never befriend someone with the intention of dating her. But if I get attracted to her at a later stage, and she is willing to give me a chance, then I'd definitely date her. But if she turns me down, I'll probably have to cut her out from my life because I can't be 'friends' with someone I have feelings for.

0/2500

Send It!

What Girls Said 10

• It can work out beautifully, but only if both people want it. If they're not feeling it but you are, it won't work. It will just make things weird.

• not gonna lie when i was still in school with him i used used to have an extreme crush on him i even went an masturbated to the thought of being with him xD then i learned he was gay and it was like a bird was flying around my head going aww sucks for you constantly

• Nope and he wouldn't date me either because I'm too female for him 😂

• I have plenty of guys friends, but no guy best-friend so that wouldn't happen anyways

• He dumped me :p Personally I will never do it again

• I dated my best friend, we broke up but we're still best friends, just know each other better and have a bond that cannot be broken.

• I dated my guy friend but he was a bit of a flirt and so we broke up but are still on good terms but he flirts with me and a lot of other girls. XP

• Yes I would if I had a guy best friend

• Yeah I would. But not best friend that is pushing me to do it.

• Only person I would date; if my boyfriend isn't also my best friend, then I don't love him enough

What Guys Said 1

• Probably not: I'm married. But if I weren't , my bestie has a real good personality. I know her since HS and college.