My crush likes someone else?

There was a football game last night and I was originally going to go with my friend but she ended up having to babysitting her little brother so I just walked around and hung out with different groups of friends. There's this one girl I've been friends with for awhile and she likes some other guy but we're going to homecoming together (as friends) and I like her. A lot. But when I was hanging out with her, her crush showed up and they were really close. They had their arms around each other and almost kissed. It was extremely hard to watch this so I left and sat by a tree. I texted my one of my other friends to meet me by the tree. I texted her where I was and how I was about to start crying and she said "please don't" and my crush came over and found me and could tell I was upset. I told her I didn't want to talk about it so she just gave me a big hug. She took my phone since I was on it (I knew if I looked at her I would start crying, which was true) and she saw how my friend said "please don't" cuz it was still on my lock screen and my crush was like "please don't what?" and I told her I didn't want to talk about it. So now she thinks I'm super depressed and suicidal and I'm not. Well I do self harm but for other reasons. But my other friend showed up and my crush left to go back to her crush. I just hugged my friend and cried into her and stuff and I looked over her shoulder and saw my crush and her crush hugging. I'm super sad right now and I can't stop thinking about how much I like her. Help? Please?

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm really sorry :( . That must have been painful :(

There's nothing I can really say to make it better. There's no way to make your crush like you instead. She clearly cares about you and values you as a friend though.

This is the kind of hurt that you just kind of have to go through :( . Let your other friends be there for you and listen to you. Cry as much as you need to. Come on here and vent some more if you like, or write in a journal, as that can help.

If you self harm please tell someone. Tell your parents, or a teacher; an adult who you trust. If you really can't do that then call a helpline, or use a chatline like this one: www.getconnected.org.uk/.../

Most Helpful Guy

• That surprises you? Thats like what is almost always likely... thats why they are YOUR crush. no one said anything you being THEIR crush. Fact of life son.

What Girls Said 2

• First of all, I'm sorry for your situation. Been there, done that. But when that's said, you have to make a decision. If you know, for certain, that you two will never be, then you have to consider the friendship. Right now I'm quite good friends with the guy I like and I've several times considered telling him. The only thing that should keep you from telling your crush you like her is because you don't want it to be awkward between the two of you. If you feel like it's worth it, then go ahead and tell her. This will boost the getting over part as you have done what you can. If the odds clearly are against you and you really don't want to ruin the friendship, maybe that's enough, at least for now. A friendship is better than nothing, right?

• She probably thinks of you as a friend, sorry.

What Guys Said 0