Is it weird to burp and fart around your SO?

My boyfriend and I are six months into our relationship and have finally reached the point were I can truly say there is nothing that either of can do or say that makes things awkward between us. Usually farting has been a big no-no in my past relationships, because "it's disgusting and unlady like", but truth be told everyone's human, right? So what does it matter? Initally my boyfriend convinced himself girl's don't fart... I proved him wrong. I was convinced he was too polite to burp/fart in front of me... he proved me wrong... eventually that is.

So is it weird that we're completely 100% comfortable burping and farting around eachother? What does this type of comfort level say about our relationship?

Most Helpful Guy

• No it is not at all weird that you and your boyfriend are comfortable enough to burp and fart around each other. It is actually very healthy to because holding it in is bad for your insides. It is very healthy to let it go when you need to. Sorry don't worry it is fine. Your level of comfort with your boyfriend is good. I hope I find a girlfriend one day I can be this comfortable with.

Most Helpful Girl

• It's not weird. We're all human, of course we all do it. It's rude to do it in public, but if you're spending a lot of time with your s/o and plan on eventually settling down together, no harm done. I say that, yet have my own issues with it. No farting or really any bodily functions aside from peeing/being pretty open about my period? If I burp by accident, I always say excuse me and quickly change the topic.
    (baby steps, I'm working on it! x_x )

What Guys Said 1

• Naa I'd be happy that she'd feel comfortable with doing so around me

What Girls Said 4

• It's weird NOT to fart and burp around your SO. I don't know about you but if I hold it in for too long, it feels like my eyes are gonna pop out. Real couples fart and burp in front of each other.

• I've burped around my boyfriend since the first time we ever hung out. We had a burping contest. lolol
    I still don't like farting around my boyfriend because i don't even like farting when i'm in private.
    The first night we hung out he farted in my face so damn loud -___-
    We have been together for years, have a baby and everything so we are comfortable with each other. I think its a good thing, sometimes it can be bad i guess.

• its normal! i burp in front of my boyfriend and not happen nothing i burp only on my house its rude to do it in public :p

• It's normal. My boyfriend and I get a good laugh out of it whenever we fart in front of each other. It just shows ur really comfortable with each other, as if you two were family or something.