Is it possible to fall out of love and then fall back in love with the same person?

Just looking for a general idea. I have some friends telling me its not possible to fall in love with the same person twice and other friends stating that it is definitely possible.

• It is possible
  • It is not possible

Most Helpful Guy

• Real honest love consists of falling in and out of love with a person over the time you are with them.

Most Helpful Girl

• Very possible, it happened to me!

What Guys Said 11

• I personally find the idea of it highly unlikely. "Love" can wax and wane, so I think that it is more likely that a person still had some feeling of love, even they "fell out of love". So when the situation changed, for whatever reason, that love found a new voice. Thereby "falling back in love"

However, I am a cynic when it comes to "Love", so I admit I'm a bit bias. I admit that every person is different, so I guess it is "possible". In fact I even know some people who claim to have done it, but again, the cynic in me I find it more likely that they were never completely "out of love".

• Depends on your definition of love.
    Feelings fluctuate all the time, at least for me. At one moment ill barely have any feelings for you at all and the other i am overrun and want nothing but to cuddle.

Thats why for my girlfriend it would be very important to understand that even if i lost all my feelings that wouldn't mean i loved her even slightly less. Its a separate thing to me.

• I don't understand why it would be impossible. Your friends must have no idea what impossible means. If they said unlikely, then it would be debatable. Impossible? Definitely not.

• Yes, it's possible to happen to fall in love with the same person twice.. I've never done it but not going to say it can't happen.

• I think it's definitely possible, though a little unlikely.

• 100% possible!

• It's impossible people gets change but never change their heart

• Its possible of course :)

• How do you think a fucking marriage works?

• Why are you swearing at me?

• Because I'm sick of fucking retards. Relationships fail because are selfish and short-sighted, always bitching about their damn emotions, never willing to actually work out their problems.

Don't know who's to blame in your relationship (we both know that's why you're here), but odds are, you BOTH are.

• Okay, so since I asked a simple question, you're going to flip out and cause a scene? What do you think this website is about? Thanks for your input. Goodbye now.

• It is definitely possible.

• I hope my ex falls back in love with me... but at this point.. I doubt it.. then again we've only been broken up 3 weeks.. and sadly I haven't given her the space she needs... so hopefully now that I'll be giving her space.. she will realize this

• Aww, I'm sorry! :( I hope it works out for you!!!

What Girls Said 11

• Something like that. I thin sometimes we can forget the love we have for someone or that love can be taken for granted, if you will. That's when things begin to go wrong and we feel we may no longer love that person.

However, if after months and months you're still missing the person, thinking of them, dreaming of them... and nobody else you've been with since that person even remotely compares to them... then I'd say it's probably because a part of you still loves him.

I'm in this situation now where I thought I'd fallen out of love, but as the months go by, I'm really really longing to have him back. It's very possible.

• Yep! Has happened many times but there will come a time where you either feel the same or are completely over it

• We need to get drunk. It answers really

• i believe that once you love someone you always do, you just dont always have an intimate feeling towards them. but im sure you can definitely regain that feeling.

• YES
    ref. Taylor-Burton

• I don't believe in falling out of love. Once you love someone it shouldn't go away.

• I loved someone once and today I want to just slap him for all the bullshit I went through because of him... I'm moving on daily farther away... for me its a no...

• I hope he doesn't love me either.. he can just piss off... he was real jackass

• It's possible. Or maybe you never actually fell out of love.

• i think that might be happening with me and this person so

• Anything is possible. But that doesn't mean it's likely to work

• I hope so..

• I do too.

• Very similar. I have been with him for 4 years and he is saying that he hasn't been in love with me for a long time. He wants to fall back in love with me and we are trying to work things out but the idea of him not loving me in itself is enough to break all my hopes.

• Oh wow that has to hurt, I'm so sorry :(

I hope that you can work it out *hugs*