Do you find it creepy when a guy (or girl, I guess) walks up to you, you had never talked to each other before, and he asks you out on a first date?

I added an "I'm a guy" option because
1.) girls typically don't ask guys out in the first place
2.) even if they do, they don't seem THAT threatening at first glance (even if they have psychotic tendencies or control freakness issues)

To be honest, women are just more likely to have a reason to be vigilant when it comes to random guys walking up to them and "wanting something". So I added the "I'm a guy" option. But if you can relate to the situation, you can vote anything you want. I won't stop you.

• YES, I DO find it creepy, considering I don't know anything about him! BUT only if he's not physically attractive.
  • YES, I DO find it creepy, considering I don't know anything about him! EVEN IF he is physically attractive.
  • NO, I DON'T find it creepy EVEN THOUGH I don't know anything about him... BUT I do find it creepy if he just seems kinda weird or isn't physically attractive.
  • NO, I DON'T find it creepy EVEN THOUGH I don't know anything about him... AND I don't find it creepy EVEN IF he's kinda weird or isn't physically attractive.
  • Nobody ever asks me out so I don't really have the capacity to judge whether I'd find guys doing that creepy or not., so I'm neutral.
  • OTHER
  • I'M A GUY (and the other options just don't apply to me)

Most Helpful Girl

• it depends.

if we're at a club or around school, i would not think it was creepy. those sorts of environments are more controlled and whatnot.

if i was just on my way home on the train, i'd think it was very creepy lol. at least try to talk to me first and get my number or something, geez lol.

it also depends on how he asks. if he asks with too much sensuality (which happens very very often) that is very creepy because it's inappropriate.

Most Helpful Guy

• I've a friend who looked like Peter Gallagher. Actually, I'd say he's aged BETTER than Peter Gallagher. He used to approach women from time to time and ask them out, but he NEVER walked up to them and asked (bluntly), "Hey, wanna go out?" He struck up a conversation and within 15 minutes or so asked them if they wanted to go out.

What Girls Said 17

• I don't know you... it's nothing to do with being "physcially attractive" (whatever that means lol beauty is in the eye of the beholder), it's about the person you are... plus there are more dangers out there for women than men, for all we know he could be a pimp and believe me... seeing as i live in a town and in a street they pimp girls to make them prostitue... and have had a few weird guys come up to me who i never knew... particurly around the college area where the dorms are too... twice i had some random dude come up to me... 1 ran across the road to me out of no where... and the other looked like he was just standing outside scoping out girls to get layed with... lol but i think that other guy was seeing as he suddenly came out no where... they are all dark guys (of course that says nothing white guys do these things too, not trying to say they do these things just because they are from another country, no... i would never), but they seemed to take it in turns to see who can get laid.. some of them are even over 30 lol, so it's definitely very creepy some random dude who dosn't know you or hasn't even met you just randomly run up to us... we have got to be really careful... so we have to reject, it's not safe for us... Of coursw this is like the most obvious question ever... it's nothing you probably didn't already know... so there you have it... you already knew the reasons lol.

• If you ask me, "physically attractive" means that the beauty IS in the eye of the beholder :P

But wow I'd be creeped out if some random person just ran over to me from the other side of the street, what if they want to mug or murder me for whatever random reason -_-

• Confidence is the biggest thing us girls look for in a man, plus intellegence and resourcefulness, he's very capable, sometimes just like guys it is love at first sight for us but it rarely ever happens believe me... i wish it did happen more, guys constantly try to get that love at first sight reaction out of girls but jsut like guys most people are an open book... we can sense what your intentions are straight away and we can sense what kind of person you are, everybody has a keen sense of personalty, some more than others but still... we can tell these things, guys try to be unobvious but it just makes them more obvious lol i don't know why they bother... only a girl with no common sense would fall for what a guy says... lol. Not all girls are looking for a guy ether... i'm definitely not... but guys all assume every girl is the same like we all want to find that someone special, recieve a shiney engagement ring, but we aren't...

• So 99% of the time coming up to us and thinking we can't sense who you are and what your intentions are is really flawed... this is one of the things both males and females have in common, we can't like everyone... and we are always looking for that person that is different to everyone else, that isn't just a mindless shell, that is just something totally special who can woo us. Girls don't put out like guys do though because we have to be the one in control or every woman on this earth will be having some dudes baby.. lol, which won't be a good thing because the world will be over-crowded by tomorrow... STDs and AIDS will spread to every human, nobody will have a mother or farther and the courts will be swamped with people trying to gain custody battles or getting money from the guy who got them pregnant to help pay for the child... so i think we are also doing this world a favour lol. It's definitely not safe for us though...

• I think it would depend on the individual situation, say I'm at a coffee shop and some guy keeps looking over so I notice he's interested in advance and I could smile or give him some other sign that the interest is mutual then that wouldn't be creepy - if some random stranger just tapped my shoulder on the street and randomly asks me for a date I would be weirded though out hands down..

• I voted for "sintered asked out".

The very very few times I've ever been asked out I found it so embarrassing that I just point blank refused. I think the whole scenario is horrible and awkward but I have so little experience I couldn't fairly comment.

• It is creepy no matter what. I'd prefer it if we at least small talked for a bit. You know, exchanged names and stuff.

• yea i think that's creepy

• i don't find it creepy cuz it happens a lot including the person offering an amount or asking the price (prostitution). they are normally very cordial and smiling. it's so frequent i don't even stop and think about it.
    it's usually guys in their 20s and 30s, some attractive, some not. all my opinion of course. it doesn't affect my mood. i just ignore.

• They ask for your price? REALLY?
      That's seriously fucked up. Do you even dress in a confusing way or do something that might make them think you can be bought?

• @juicybrain i don't know, i wear the designs that i like

• I don't find it "creepy" but I won't go out with him because I don't know who this guy is.

• I would find it creepy if a guy randomly came to me and asked me out. He should at least tell his name and ask mine, maybe start a little conversation first...

• Never been asked out.

• Apparently I look 16 so the fact that it's men who look at least in their late 20s...

• Of course that's creepy

• It would be creepy.

• Yeah, I'd definitely find it a little creepy and strange if that ever happened to me.

• It's not creepy, Im just not gonna say yes unless Im attracted to him, and he comes off as a nice person.

• Yes, I find it slightly creepy. I have never dated a stranger before, it's always been a friend or friend of a friend. At least someone I know, knows the guy.

• I don't know if I would necessarily use the word creepy, but I would never accept a date from a complete stranger.

• It's creepy even if he is attractive

What Guys Said 13

• Society is becoming messed up. For a start this poll is not accurate to real life effects. You cannot take a woman out of a situation and ask her to assess it because it all depends on the presence of a person, the emotional state of the person being approached, who is with the person being approached, the mannerisms of the person approaching and much, much, more.

I've pulled women will less than 20 words being spoken between us. It's all about non-verbal interactions for the most part. So, the majority of people should ignore this poll because it is not accurate at all and is completely detached from actual reality.

• I would say its best to chat with her for a little while first to see if there is the slightest bit of chemistry between the two of you before asking for her number or a date. It is a little weird to go up to someone and set up a date right after saying hello.

• Well you have to understand that we live in a very socially awkward world. Hence the reason most girls voted yes they find it creepy. It's not necessarily fear of the person, it's fear of the interaction and their social abilities. A lot of that is instinctual and it's instilled by the vibe you give off, because let's face it, when you see someone hot you want to ask out, your instinctual thought as a guy is "damn, I'd love to fuck that girl". So then you put a lot of pressure on yourself and start thinking you have to seduce her or make yourself seem worthy of her. Instead if you just look at her as an attractive individual whom you want to get to know better, and just go over with 0 expectations, a friendly smile and confident in yourself, I guarantee you'll put her at ease and she'll feel a lot less creeped out by the encounter. And by confident I don't mean "I'm gonna go there and get this girls number", I mean "I'm me, that's a girl I want to get to know better. I can have a conversation with someone. If she's unable to then she's not someone I'm interested in anyway and I'll be just as fine when the encounter is over as before it started. If anything I'll be even better because I won't be stuck wondering what if. "

• I wouldn't find it creepy if a woman came up to me and asked me out on a first date. I'd be flattered.

• I do it from time to time. Most of the time they say yes. Sometimes we end up having sex that day, no alcohol involved.

• Ha! This is essentially PUA!

lol!

I usually just try to get phone numbers. But one time I suggested a girl come join me in the cafeteria the next day. Would you consider that a "date"?

• Voted G. A few girls have approached me ages ago, but they were not total strangers.

• If it was a girl and she wasn't attractive it wouldn't matter, the answer would be no anyway. I wouldn't find it creepy though.

• I've been approached a few times by women and gay men, it doesn't bother me even if I'm not interested.

• I voted E, I don't have girls (or guys) I don't know approaching me like that, so I can't be sure. I suppose if a girl did I would be slightly puzzled, but I doubt it would make me feel uncomfortable. (I don't think I would perceive it as creepy.)

• Me personally, no I do not find it creepy at all. I am completely fine with the cold approach.

• Girls only find it "creepy" if they don't like the guy or he doesn't immediately appear rich or powerful.

As these youtube videos prove... OVER and OVER and OVER again.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9xvDSsiqKU
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=VglD8xIm5Yk
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_8Z9nQJD6U
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDdZHIuAzVQ

• Dude, how the fuck do you think people meet? Someone has to take action.

And if we only limited ourselves to our social circles, many people would never even meet anyone at all, would find someone poorly suited to them, and we'd all be inbred.

Meeting new people isn't creepy or weird, and people who think it is are almost always socially awkward and handicapped.