I'm in love with someone who's 13 years older than me and I'm 18. Do we need to cut it off due to the age gap?

We began hooking up and having casual, consensual sex because we were just physically attracted to each other. I didn't tell him my age, I figured maybe he knew it or thought I was older. After we started hooking up we actually became friends and began hanging out some. Then feelings developed. Then my age came out. However, he thought I was much closer to his age than i actually am. Whereas I thought he wasn't as older as he actually is. Where do we go now? A 13 year age gap is huge, but I really like this guy.

• YES. He is way too old for you.
  • No, go for it.
  • Results

Most Helpful Girl

• If you really like him, then I don't see why you shouldn't give him a shot. however, being with someone so much older than you does have it's downsides. You're both at very different stages in life, which can cause a lot of unneeded drama. So just be careful.

What Guys Said 11

• Your a big girl now, you can do whatever the hell ya want. But I'm not gonna lie, it'll be tough. You two are at different stages in you're lies right now. Eventually you'll catch up with him, but in the mean time it'll be a struggle. If you think he is worth it, and you think you can pull it off, by all means go for it.

• If you got on really well without knowing each others true age, then it shows you were interested in each other's personalities. Finding out ages should make no difference to how you feel. You are dating him, not a number.

• If it bothers you don't go there. now my ex girlfriend was age 18 when i was 35 and that was back in 2003-2004 but everyone's got different views.

• why the fuck do you seek someone to give you orders on how to live your life and relationships?

• Don't cut it off just citing the age. If u too click to each to her and can feel the bonding and chemistry go for it.

• You do whatever you want, it's your life and strangers online can't decide for you

• the gap will seem to narrow as you get older eg 26/39, i would see how it goes

• I don't see it as a problem. Around 10 years isn't a big deal to me.

• No problem at all i say continue dating you obviously care for him even after knowing.

• It's legal, but, not very moral

• No probably not

What Girls Said 6

• Well you're an adult so you can at least try I guess. But I doubt it'll go anywhere. You're in completely different stages of your lives.

• Like I always say, if you're 18 and above, age means shit.

I'm 16 and I would date someone who's 13 years older than me.

• Go for it. My mom said she was in love with one of her dad's friends. if you are over 18 then who gives a fuck.

• Even though you're 18, it still is kinda creepy because your maturity levels are not yet the same. If you were at least in your early twenties, it's not that bad because you start catching up at a certain point but at 18, your brain is still developing.

• You're a legal adult now so you can go for it all you want.

• I'd say proceed with caution.