Am I shallow for preferring tall guys?

I'm 5'10", by the way. I've been told that I'm shallow because I would preferably want a partner taller than me, which I think is fair. Everyone has preferences. I was wondering what people on here think of this.

• You're shallow
  • You're not shallow

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• I think thats fair. everyone has their preferences, what they are attracted to, and what they feel comfortable with. i dont think its fair to tell someone what they should want or what their standards should be.

What Guys Said 8

• I wouldn't date a fat girl or a girl who has slept around.

So I think it's fine if you have a height preference.

Is it shallow?

maybe but I don't think it's bad. If you think you'd be happier with a taller guy then I don't se what's wrong with that. The only thing that's bad is if you trash talk short guys.

• No. It's your preference if they don't like it they can stay away from you, they'll be doing you a favor.

• Well preferences are usually not rules. Sure I have some preferences but I wouldn't reject a woman for not checking all my boxes. It's hard enough finding personalities that match without even looking at the physical.

• NO, it's your preference on what type of guy you want date.

• Its cool. did you know im tall :)

• Preferring? No. Not dating someone BECAUSE they're short. yes. You can like a certain height or whatever but, if you dismiss people just because they're short, that's shallow

• Id say yes because of how tall you already are and you want someone taller than that. If you were shorter I'd say no but thats being really picky.

• No I do not think it is shallow. Im 6"3 and prefer short girls... do you think that is shallow? It is your choice to what you are attracted to :)

What Girls Said 5

• Am I shallow for preferring tall guys?
    A. You're shallow

In my opinion having physical preferences or criteria is shallow. However I do not associate negativity or shaming with the term. It is what it is.

• It is your choice for yourself (You are not making tall girls to not prefer shorter guys.) I think it is fine until you think of imposing the preference as a general idea. :)

• That's not shallow at all. I'm 5'1 and I prefer guys between 5'5 and 5'11. It's a preference, everyone has them, doesn't mean everyone is shallow.

• No you're not shallow that's just your type, Im 5'11" and I would only date someone taller that me mostly because Im self conscious about my height.

• Nope, that doesn't make you shallow.