My boyfriend hasn't texted me all day, is there something wrong?

We just started dating this week. He asked me to be his lady and I happily said yes. So we made it clear we are in a relationship but it's still very new.

We just had sex over the weekend after spending Saturday and half the day Sunday together. However its now Monday afternoon and I haven't heard from him yet. We do work opposite schedules - he works early mornings and doesn't get off til 3 and I work night shift and don't get off til 1am. That's understandable but he hasn't texted or called. It takes 5 seconds to stay in touch through text and I know he's been on Facebook, not to mention gets a break at work.

This is making me feel upset, anxious and insecure.

3 days ago he told me that he always texts first and wanted to see if I'd text first (which I did) but isn't he playing games? I don't mind texting him first but I don't want to if he is bored or just using me. If he's not really into me like he says he is then I can just break up with him.

Most Helpful Guy

• Everything is so fresh, I would say you are worrying over nothing right now.

Most Helpful Girl

• My golden rule. Never send more than 2 texts without a reply. Don't mention that he hasn't replied, clinginess will put him off. I understand the stresses of not being text back, currently I haven't been text back for like 7 hours. I'm just trying to keep my mind off it. Essentially it is playing games but he could be really busy, or can't think of anything to say, or doesn't feel like talking right now

What Guys Said 3

• Just relax. You are panicking for nothing. He has a life to live too. I am sure he just wants some recharge time and space and will text you back later.

• YES OMG YES something is very very... very wrong, you should call his work and let them know the police will be there soon after you call them and tell them terrorists have taken him hostage, are pretending to be him on facebook and won't let him text you!!!

:P Relax it's all good I couldn't resist poking you, hope you Loled and not mad. It's no big deal.

• He has a life so you should get one too.

What Girls Said 3

• Don't expect him to initiate conversation every time. You should initiate too.

• My best advice for you is to just relax. No matter what, overthinking it doesn't help. Don't base your opinion about him, on the fact that he hasn't texted.

He let you know he wanted you to text him, maybe he's also waiting by the phone?

Text him! Guys want to feel wanted to. They need attention as much as we do. Let him know you're thinking about him. If he doesn't answer then, that's when you should begin to worry.

Also, in the first weeks we're all a little anxious. Don't be. Send him a text And if he doesn't answer you take it from there.

• You need to relax, he's probably busy or something. Try to go out and do something to keep your mind off of it.