How do you know if a guy is into you?

Okay there's this guy that I like at work but i can't tell if he's into me (probably not). we barely talk But when I see him I get butterfly's in my stomach, but I always find the courage to say hi to him and we don't work often because of are schedules. Usually when I make eye contact to say hi he usually just look down and say hi or if he saying hi to me first he still looks down while saying it. And I can't tell if he's shy because he's always have conversation with other people just chatting away. Today i try to make small talk with him and he was engage, He also help me look for an item he saw me stressing about. It can probably mean nothing but I don't have any experience when it comes to guys so I can't tell if he's into me or how to approach him.
Ps- I don't know if he's into interrical dating

What Guys Said 1

• You make him nervous, that means you're different than the others.

• So how would I approach him?

What Girls Said 1

• it sounds like there's a good chance he likes you but try to let me make the first move