I don't think I'm good enough to ask my best friend out?

I've been meaning to tell my best friend how I feel about him for a while now. I'm nervous I'm not good enough for him, and will be rejected.
My college does a large homecoming dance, and I was thinking about asking him to go. Would that be a good way to kind of break the ice into telling him? Asking him to be my date to this dance?

Most Helpful Guy

• I know how stressful liking someone is. But, if you don't tell them, how will they ever know? That said, you can indicate your attraction without saying it directly. For example, asking him to the dance lets him know you're interested, without him having a chance to actually reject your feelings.

You could do other things, such as invite him out for a movie/meal with just the two of you, showing him you want more one on one time.

Z. A

Most Helpful Girl

• Well, there's nothing wrong with telling how you feel! if he doesn't like you back, it may hurt, but you won't have the "what if i did tell him" as opposed to if you didn't tell him! Asking him to the dance would be a great idea in my opinion! My current boyfriend is a guy i met last September. We started as friends who clicked amazingly and i liked him from the start, but wasn't sure if he like me!!! After about 2 months of us talking all day everyday i told him i liked him and we've been dating since!!

• Thank you so much! I think I'm going to ask him. It'll be an easy way to find out without asking him directly. Plus if he says yes we get to have a fun night together.

• No problem!!! And.. That's what I'm sayin!!!

What Guys Said 2

• The dance sounds like a very good oportunity to at least give him the hint

• Ask him. Life is too short to worry and it's hard enough to find love. Grab it when you can.

What Girls Said 1

• The feeling of rejection is natural. But if you like him, this is your only chance to let him know!!! And of course you're good enough! never think little of yourself, always be confident and guys will love you for who you are!!
    Just go up to him, start a small convo maybe something like how was ur weekend then ask if he's going to the dance. if he says yes, say me too then ask if he's going with anyone. if he says he isn't, then say neither am i, wanna go together?
    good luck!