Underage girl

I'm 21 and I've been hanging out with this girl who's only 16. I really enjoy being around her and was wondering if you think it would be wrong for me to start dating her.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm 17 (18 next month) and my boyfriend is 22. Because I've had a lot of life experiences that people tend to only get later in life, I'm a lot more mature than most people my age, so it makes it difficult to find a guy who is mature enough for me and who I don't find really childish. I feel that at last I've found someone who I really connect with and is of similar maturity to me. So I really don't think age is a big issue.

My mom's 43 and her boyfriend is 28! Dad is 45 and his wife is 52!

So really, especially as you get older it's not a big deal.

However I'm in UK, so if I had sex with him it's completely legal. I'm not sure on the laws in other countries.

So, if the law in your country could put you in jail for doing anything sexual with her, I suggest you date her and enjoy her company, but wait till she's just that bit older.

Hope that helps :)

What Girls Said 4

• Right now I'm in the same situation, but on the other way, I'm 16 and he's 21. Sometimes I find this very hard to deal with, because I realized that I like him a lot, but the thing is that he's always bragging and telling me that he doesn't date 'little girls", I don't know if he's saying that because he likes me and is afraid that something bad could happen, or because he doesn't like me, I don't know. But if it were up to me, I wouldn't mind dating him at all. So if y'all really like each other, go for it, because age is just a number, and in some situations 16 yr olds could be more maturer that 20 yr olds. :-)

• Yeah, don't unless you know her parents well and they like you. You don't want rape charges or worse!

• Just remember "16 will get you 20" as in years in jail!

• Hey, that's only a five year difference. I know a million parents who have that amout of years difference. If it's not wrong for them, why would it be wrong for you! Go for it!

What Guys Said 3

• I think at that age, the age difference is more significant than say, in 5 years or more. That of course is the least of the worries. You have to consider age of consent as well. So as much fun as it might be hanging out with her, you either need to make sure her parents know that you date her, and make sure they know you before you start dating her. Even then, also consider the possibility of the age-card the family might use, if things go sour.

• As long as her parents agree to it and get her parents written letter stating it's ok for a (21 or 22) year old guy dated there 16yo daughter and carry the letter with you it's ok. You don't want to start dating her and piss her off all it takes is one word from her mouth to land you in prison if her parents never consisted to you dating her.

• no its not