Why did my boyfriend get mad when I accepted our breakup?

So my boyfriend broke up with me on Friday. I was really upset about it at the time. But came to accept it on Monday after we were texting each other. He seemed like he didn't want to at some point as he was dodging my questions of whether this meant we should stop seeing each other.

I told him I accepted it and that I wished him all the best. the minute I told him that he got mad at me and said that he didn't even know me very well.

Why would my ex get mad the minute I accepted our breakup and wished him all the best?

What Guys Said 2

• Probably because he wanted you to be hurt and beg him not to break up. Don't let him get to you, you did the right thing, so just keep it up.

• Thanks for your reply. I think you're definitely right. He probably thought I was going to be very hurt but I at least had the decency to wish him well :) thanks again

• The funny thing is I always thought wishing someone the best and accepting what they wanted is also the hardest most meaningful thing you can do, but a lot of people want something less. So now you know how to deal with any future break ups.

• Everyone no matter how bad the break up wants to feel like they mattered enough to inspire some heartache on the part of the ex.

• I am hurt but I'm not going to give him the satisfaction of knowing that :) thanks again!

What Girls Said 0