Do popular girls ever date unpopular guys?

I know I'm in college now and high school is over, but it still seems like there's a popular crowd on my campus. These are mostly the social butterflies, greeks, and other high-profile people. The girl I like is a varsity cheerleader and a member of student government. She's got tons of friends and is crazy beautiful. I see her around often, though, and we've even had a class together. I especially see her in the campus rec center working out and lifting weights. I would do anything to be with her, but I don't think it's likely to ever happen.

I'm not unattractive at all, but I am a quiet and somewhat shy guy. I've done a lot to improve my attractiveness since I was in high school. I've lost all my fat and I lift weights religiously so that I have more muscle and better physical well-being. I can talk to girls, but I'm not one of those really outgoing entertainer type guys. Do girls like my crush ever go for reserved, socially unpopular guys like me?

What Girls Said 1

• Some do but most usually dont