From talking all day everyday to nothing?

I'm sure the title is redundant and everyone has come across this many times... At times we know the reasons behind it but I just sometimes dont get it!

you meet a guy, he's nice, he's a good guy, you two click and get along very well, you hang out, he tells you he really likes you (more than once) and wants to be more than friends... exchange numbers and talk every single day all day until that day, that very special day, comes along where all exchanging of communication stops.

why? Like why though?
When you get used to a certain person it sucks when all of a sudden the good mornings and good nights stop. I know sometimes this doesn't mean anything or maybe he's waiting for you to text but I always assume 1) he lost interest or 2) he found someone else

thoughts? Comments? Common experiences?

Most Helpful Girl

• I've had this happen to me a few times. Why it happens depends on the guy. It is possible that he lost interest or found someone else. Maybe he didn't think you liked him as much as he liked you? It's possible that they only wanted sex and jist said they liked you because they thouht it would make you more likely to sleep with them (I've had that a few times) Maybe he just got busy, or wanted to take a step back to see if you would try and initiate things between the two of you?
    It's hard to get a real reason as to why he ghosted you, as chances are if you asked him he wouldn't reply.
    The best thing to do is just move on because I'm sure you can find someone else who will treat you better than that.

• I unfortunately made the decision to ask if things felt different and apparently nothing's wrong and all's good from his view. I just can't put my finger on it, I just wish guys would tell you upfront that he's met someone else or he wants to be friends instead of the silence. It hurts more not to know.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 2

• It sucks who that happens. I never just stop talking to someone. If I lose interest or something, then I'll let him know. I think it's kind of rude.

• Maybe he's just really busy with something else right now

• That's another thing I wanted to talk about, no one is ever too busy to talk to someone. After what I've seen, you can always take 60 seconds out of your day to message someone you care about.

• thats true. It wouldn't take much effort to text you quickly to explain he's caught up with something or other. Have you tried reaching out to him? Is he not even responding to you?

• I have not reached out to him, we were texting yesterday (which was our last convo) and I was asking questions and he would just reply and not ask anything back so after his last answer I just left it at that. I want to back away and see if he'd contact me but he hasn't yet. I know it sounds silly but things do feel different when u go from talking to someone all day everyday to just silence.