Is it okay for a 27 year old guy dating an 18 year old?

I typically date girls from 22-30 age group my ex was 25 I'm 27 and this 18 year old girl asked me out, she knows my age. I know she's a good girl but I'm not sure if I should date her cause of age. Most girls I date my age already have kids and got sterilized in my country and I want to have my own kids in the future so I have to dig for younger girls but I'm not sure if this can work out.

she's very mature for her age goess to college and works, thinks the world of me (we known each other for a long time) soo I don't know

Most Helpful Girl

• It's not morally wrong, as she's legal, but you will probably be vastly different in maturity and life experiences. Where a lot of guys go wrong is picking a much younger girl for looks and then being a total jerk to her about her interests and mentality because she doesn't act his age.

• Well I figured that might be an issue and I'm not picking her cause of looks since I find girls my age hotter but she just asked me out and I didn't know what to say

• It's not like you have to marry her right away. Just take your time, get to know her and see what you think.

Most Helpful Guy

• I like to stick to the half your age plus 7 rule. Is it perfect? no. But it is a good guideline.

It depends why he is dating her. People who like to date those that much younger than them often do it because they
    -want to seem interesting because by comparison the 18 year old those girls might hang out with are boring by comparison.
    -have a power complex and dating someone significantly younger than them makes them feel like they can more easily manipulate them since they would be inexperienced.

Girls often date older guys (im guessing) because
    -they are turned off by the inexperience of guys their own age
    -they are attracted to men with more means and money than those still under 21.

I don't know your friend but if they seem to be going about it the right way (not bullying each other into sex or coercing the other into buying each other things, or belittling the other) then it isn't that much of a problem to me.

• Well I dont have much money to begin with and she knows that, I have no need to coerce nobody into sex

What Girls Said 1

• Sure why not you both are adults, no one can judge you. Realistically, she's approaching her twenties when you will be out of them, either way its fine, just make sure you pick the right one for the right reasons and not because her age appeals to you.

What Guys Said 5

• That's acceptable. I've heard of relationships with 18-year-old women and 28-year-old men working.

In my opinion, that's fine.

• Have your fill. Just be honest...

• All men are attracted to females ages 16+ (Some 16 year olds look much much older these days)

The problem here is that 18 year old girls aren't ready to settle down with a grown man. They are young and want the most of life right now.

• If my younger 18 year old cousin came home with a 27 year old guy my entire family would immediately be distrustful of that guy and would often advise against her dating him. That is until he's proven without a shadow of a doubt that he's absolutely perfect for her. It's like she's 18 and free to date whoever but he's 27 and it's a little odd for him to be trying to date someone so removed from his normal dating range.

• well yeah but her family knows me since I was a kid and her mother is fine with it *shrugs*

• I've never dated a girl so much younger before I wanted to see what complications this can bring

• Well think back to when you were 18 and think about how much different you are from back then. She's not going to go through the exact same changes but she will change a lot. And that's just what your gonna have to deal with.

• Borderline pedophilia, just be glad she's 18

• That's why I said, just be lucky she's 18. Had she been under it, especially 13, 12, that sort of thing, then itda been pedophilia. 18 is the legal age of consent in most places

• yes I know but thats how it is over here its normal to see a 14 year old girl with a guy my age. I'd never do that personally but it's legal here

• Yikes, weird country