Why was getting her number so easy? What should I talk about on the date?

So I got this girl's number today. First time I've ever done so successfuly but it seemed too easy. The only thing that would've made it easier is if she came up to me, took my phone and wrote her number in.
Her friends were extremely helpful. I approached her when she was with her friends and they made it so easy. Whenever I didn't have anything to say they would interject.
I got this girl's number and asked if she wanted to get some gelato some time since she lives in an Italian area and I've never had it. She gladly gave me her number. When I asked to make sure if she was single she said that she broke up with her boyfriend a week ago so yes. I told her it made me feel like an asshole since she just got out of a relationship and I'm drawing her into a new one. She said it was fine and seemed happy to give me her number.

So I'm thinking of texting her on Friday since I will see her in class on Thursday and scheduling a date for October 9th. I've never been on one before and I'm not sure what to do. I like her outgoing energy but our taste in music is radically different. I'm afraid of not knowing what to say.

Most Helpful Guy

• Everything is hard when she doesn't want to, but it's also so easy if she want.
    Could be she saw potential?

But that doesn't matter. What matter is how YOU play your cards. And i got one tip.
    Be yourself, and strive to be the best you!

It won't get you all the girls, but it will get the right girl!

What Girls Said 6

• ok yeah a lot of guys tend to think asking us for our number is like trying to climb mt everest. it's not that hard. however, not all girls r the type that will give u her number, AND have friends that will support that straight away unless they are begging her to get out there and meet someone already.

as for the bit where u said u feel like an asshole because ur drawing her into a new one, try in the future not to suggest that that's what ur trying to do, because it is still early stages. that's just a tip. anyway differences can actually be quite interesting and they are good topics for conversation.

as i was telling u before, the best conversation is effortless. just ask what u wanna know and I'm sure she'll do the same. in all honesty i think u got lucky this time with such an open girl, or maybe she found u too attractive to resist, i dunno lol, but yeah just stay relaxed. i guess that's how we aussies find it so easy to get along with people haha, everything is soooo chill and yeah, it kinda flows without realising.

• Well..
    The reason why it was easy getting her nb would be one of the two:
    1. She actually has a crush on u and was waiting for u to initiate, which explains why her friends made it easy for u as well (cuz they most probably know about the crush)
    2. She misses being in a relationship after she broke up with her bf/ she wants to make her boyfriend jealous/ she wants to forget about the guy by going out with u.

It doesn't really matter if u have things in common or not. Be urself and talk about anything. Literally anything. About movies, tv shows, music, sports,... anything.

• Talk to her after class... maybe she'll text you herself but if she doesn't then you do it.. I really don't get the "desperate" thing.. you wanna talk.. you gotta talk.. simple as that.. and both of you will be less nervous when you meet.. and have more to talk about.. good luck champ.. 👍tell me how it goes.. hehe.. 😛

• I messaged her like 7 hours ago no response.
      So I decided to tease her 2 hours ago about being a lousy texter.
      Did I over do it?

• She didn't reply.
      Apparently it might be a part of a tactic to play hard to get. So the number was easy but she will be hard.

• Hahaha 😂😂😂 alrighty

• First thing... get out of your own head. Don't overthink it. That tends to one of the bigger mistakes in dating. When you overthink and worry, your mind draws blanks. We are our own worst enemies. She may or may not like you in the end, but you have to be yourself. It won't be the end of the world if it doesn't work out. There are plenty of other fish in the sea, so don't put so much pressure on yourself. I find that these typical dates that people tend to go on adds to that pressure. You HAVE to constantly look for something to say to fill in the awkward silences. Go on a fun date. Something that creates conversation, fun and laughter. Something that makes it easier for both of you to be more comfortable. Gelato is great, but since you are already worried, it may not be the best start. Go somewhere where you can cook or make something together. Go to a museum and make fun of the weird stuffed monkey or something. Girls like guys that can put a smile on their faces or that can make them laugh. Go to a carnival. Whatever. If you and her both like physical activity, go hiking, boating, etc. Wind the date down with gelato or a picnic in the park. You don't have to spend lots of money to have fun on a date. Look at the options in your area. Just have FUN and RELAX.

• I do suggest taking the opportunity of getting to know her a bit before the date. It's easier to date someone that you know a little bit about. The more you know, the easier it is. It will also save you time, effort and money in the long run. If you don't get along through phone conversation/text, you can call off the date or not even plan it with her.

• Yeah I'm planning on talking to her on Thursday since we have the same class.
      I haven't started texting yet so as not to seem desperate.

• Girls like funny dudes and intelligent guys so try to work with both of those. Don't ask her what she wants to do, unfortunately you're the guy so this is your job haha. Have some hangout places in mind. I don't know how hard it is for you to come up with something to say but what i do is work with my mind and the environment. I think of the most appropriate things to point out or say what i'm thinking of and generally a conversation builds from there. If not, try try again! As long as you put in your utmost honest effort then it should go smoothly. If it doesn't, then there probably just wasn't enough chemistry but that's alright; better than being stuck with someone who doesn't have the ability to talk and laugh with you!

• I would be texting her every so often , getting to know her a bit before the date so you have an idea what she is like and you can think of topics to talk about on the date. Just be yourself and you have to remember you guys won't have the same views or interests in everything. That's what make us all so unique. My number one advice is though is to just be yourself :)

Did I over do it?

What Guys Said 0