What to say when a guy asks you out?

Okay so first off I'm 14. I have never been in a relationship and me and this guy have been talking a lot. At first it was a little bit of harmless flirting then we met in person (cause he lives just in the next town) and now we flirt a lot I mean we both obviously like eachother no doubt about it. He has gave me reason to think he is going to ask me out this Friday when we see each other and how should I react? Should I just say yes? And should I not say it in an excited way? And after he asks as we are hanging out how should we act? I haven't even hugged the guy so should I after I say yes maybe? I'm just going crazy right now! I don't know if this matters but our flirting is like he calls me beautiful and I will call him handsome or he will call me cutie and when we went to the movies last weekend he would hold open the door for me. Like I said I don't know if that matters but just in case.

Also when I say I ask me out this Friday I mean ask me to be his girlfriend.

Most Helpful Guy

• T. V. and the news has conditioned us all to have all these preconceptions about life and how we should react and act. Don't worry about it.

Just be genuine and a good communicator. You can tell him that thinking about this made you a bit nervous (even in the good way) but you don't need to do the pretend excitement. it often comes across as fake.

Any relationship is what you make of it. If he is a guy who is good enough to listen and communicate back you both can discover what you both want out of the relationship (even at 14).

P. s. this doesn't mean you can't put your best foot forward (clothing, posture, attitude etc) but it still needs to come across as sincere. Hope this helps

• Thank you I've just been over thinking a lot about the situation and your opinion does help.

Most Helpful Girl

• Be cool and casual about it. Not too excited but not to nonchalant either. Don't overthink. Just go with the flowww

What Guys Said 5

• You're reading too much into him asking you out. If you're flirting and hanging out then he's already 'asked you out'. If he asks you to a dinner date or a walk in the park or what not, relax and go with a simple "sure" or "I'd love to". Don't make a bigger deal of it then it has to be.

• You: do you have a ride?

guy: No, but my dad does.

You: Well i ain't dating your daddy.

guy: What?

you: I just rejected you cheap cheap.

• They're all a matter of moment, say and do whatever you want to in that exact moment.

• Sounds like you are over analyzing this. You like the guy and he likes you. I see no reason to say no. keep in mind that saying yes to a date does not necessarily mean saying yes to anything else. Don’t try to act different, just be yourself. He likes you, for you. If you start acting different to try and win points with him he may get kind of creeped out by the change.

• When I say ask out I mean we already made plans to hang out this Friday and I am almost for sure is going to ask me to be his girlfriends. Sorry that part was unclear.

• Just say yes kinda excited then huge him

What Girls Said 0