I'm considering the idea of casually dating this 30 year old woman, despite being 10.5 years younger than her. It it worth giving a shot?

I'm a 20 year old man who won't turn 21 until August of next year. Recently, I just met a woman who's 30 years old (will be turning 31 in November) that works as a restaurant manager and we just started getting to know each other. So far, we've had a good time meeting and getting to know each other for the first time at work. She told me about her dating experiences on how she's dated many sorts of men (younger, older, different ethnicities/races, etc.) but just didn't seem right fit with any of them so far.

She too is just casually dating and not looking for a serious relationship yet. I don't know, it just feels kinda awkward dating a woman who's that far apart from me in age difference. I don't even know if she'd date a man this younger than her. I'm just used to dating women within my age or slightly younger but at the same time, I don't think it'd hurt to try out something new (dating a much older woman).

What do you guys think? Is it worth it?

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Girl

• As long as you two are upfront and honest about what you both want, go for it. It can be a good experience to date older. You're 20 and she's 31 so it's not unacceptable. My ex is 14.5 years older and I recently dated a guy 8 years, 10 months older. As of right now, we've decided to just be friends considering life circumstances, but we have open communication and share a young but great friendship. If you feel the connection with this person, I say try it out. Just be responsible and respectful to each other.

• At least in your case, it's more socially normal for you to date someone much older than you because of your gender. It's still a little socially awkward for a man to be dating a woman much older than him (aside from younger male-older female celebrities). Still, I feel like casually dating her could still benefit me from learning something new about relationships and what mature women really want.

Most Helpful Guy

• id date her for a good time but I wouldn't get attached.

What Girls Said 3

• Go for it, what do you have to lose?

• Yes, you're a fully grown man. What's the problem?

• If you want to, go ahead. I'm 21 and dated a 30 year old guy, so not like I have room to talk lol. Just be aware that you might encounter some looks and words of worry/judgement from friends and family, which can suck.

• Yeah because of the gender difference. People won't bat an eye on you dating a much older much because society is so used to seeing an older man dating a younger woman.

• No, I mean I experienced the judgment and worry that's why I'm letting you know to be ready for it.

What Guys Said 1

• When your an old man you need someone to look after you