He's a year younger?

So, I'm 15 and I've been talking to this guy who is 14- he's ten months younger than me.
We first started talking when he (somehow) got my number from a mutual friend of ours, and he wanted me to help prank him. I said no. Eventually, we started talking more and got to know each otheer properly.
We both like the same bands, read the same books and watch the same TV shows. In other words, we are quite alike. He mentioned that he has a girlfriend who is my age, and asked me if I am dating anyone. When I said no, he asked why and said, "The right person could be right in front of you."
I kind of took that as a hint, but then again, he has a girlfriend. He's very mature for his age and incredibly smart, and we get on so well. I have feelings for him and I wouldn't mind dating him (if he didn't have a girlfriend), but I know I would be teased. Both of us go to different schools, so I could hide our relationship (the kids at my school would give me hell for dating a younger guy), but it would be horrible to hide it. Plus, my mom would laugh in my face if she found out.
So, basically, should I just try and get over him, or would it be okay to date a younger guy?

Most Helpful Guy

• That is perfectly fine.

Most Helpful Girl

• My boyfriend is ten months younger than me and we started dating when i was 15 and he was 14 and we went to different schools (long distance- 3.5hrs away). I see no problem with the age difference and if people at school would make fun of you for that, that's their problem and that's immature of them. I never hid it, i don't see good reason why you should... BUT he has a girlfriend so try to get him out of your head. You are only infatuated right now and its not okay to try to be with someone who already has a girlfriend. Thats disrespectful. so just keep your distance unless he (on his own, without being influenced) breaks it off with his girlfriend. If that were to happen you can pursue him, but don't be ashamed of him because he's a bit younger than you, that's not fair to him.

What Guys Said 6

• he's not even a year younger. there's nothing wrong with dating him

• He has a girlfriend, so you should try to get over him. I see no problems in you dating a younger guy though, it should be normally accepted. If it's normal for men to date younger women, why isn't it normal for women to date younger men?

• Let him make the move first. He should end it with his girlfriend before anything else. If he doesn't, then you should forget him and move on. Please don't try and two time with him. You could get really hurt.

• If you like the guy (and you can be sure he doesn't already have a girlfriend) then you should go for it!
    There's dating a "younger guy" and then there's dating someone a year younger than you. My parents have a 10 year age gap!

• Stick around until he ends it with his girlfriend or vice versa, then strike like a lioness! You two sound like you'd be good together :P

• Early dating and heartbreak can be a good experience

What Girls Said 3

• It's okay to date a guy that's only a year younger. My ex boyfriend was a year younger than me and my current boyfriend is younger than me too (only by a few months though lol).

• Older or younger, it doesn't matter. He has a girlfriend.

• I'm not going after him; I'm not that type of girl. I was just asking if it's socially acceptable to date a younger guy, or if I could date him one day. :)

• I think you should get over him till he's single and 16. Dating younger in general is acceptable but I wasn't allowed to date till I was at least 16

• mature for his age asked you to help prank someone xD

• Yeah, besides that. xD

• i dont think anyone below the age of 17 is mature xD no hate to you its just your still a kid in my book