Is it weird that I absolutely hate texting?

I just dont get it why does everyone think it is like the best invention since sliced bread? I don't know, I think it is absolutely idiotic. Why would you text someone when you can call them? is it because people all actually socialy awkward and can't think of what to say in the moment or is it just because people like to play these stupid mind games so that they can hid thier emotions behind a veil? I don't get it some one explain it to me.

Most Helpful Girl

• sometimes i feel like that

Most Helpful Guy

• Texting is asynchronous. I don't need my recipient to be ready for me to send a text.

Texting is brief and to the point:
    "Pick up milk" & "👍" is complete conversation.

Texts are easily reviewed, just like rereading a letter. I have a number of special texts from my wife that are currently locked on my phone.

Texts can include pictures, video and hotlinks to webpages. This can't be done by a phone call.

Texts are easily sent to one or many people on a distribution list. This makes it easy to involve everyone.

Being able to refer to actual communications after the fact is useful where there is dispute as to what was said.

Texts and their responses may be crafted with thought. Phone calls place someone on the spot for a response.

Multiple text conversations may be held concurrently without preventing another conversation from continuing.

Whereas, when you call someone you get to hear their voice and they get to hear yours. There is more emotional content at the cost of many other kinds of value.

What Girls Said 10

• I am a bit neutral since when I have a sore throat like today I am glad we can text instead of talk which will make my throat worse. There are a lot of scenarios that is better when texting. What I absolutely hate is social media like instagram and snapchat since where ever I go with my friends they always takes pictures to post on social media which is pretty annoying when we decide to hang out in order to get away from technology

• Ahahah texting is easier because you feel more at ease. You can say whatever u want without feeling anxious or shy and u can talk to 10 people at the same time for the whole day without having to pay 2729377 dollars for ur payphone.. also u could screenshot it and tell your friends about what some guy said lol

• and all that also adds into people not giving each other their full attention, miscommunication, people saying things they really don't mean and an invasion of privacy... clearly you don't understand good communication

• I enjoy texting but like sometimes I get so fustrated because I text on WhatsApp and I'm in 3 group chats and then I have my girls texting me in my own chat so my phone beeps A LOT! ! Hahaha do I do sometimes have to turn off my notifications and put my phone down. It can get annoying texting all the time! I get you 😂😅

• No it's not weird. I've been feeling less inclined to text over the past few years too. I think we're at an age now where convenience and efficiency is a priority. And I guess texting fits into those categories. It's also less commitment? People feel like they can multitask or something.

• Not to sound sexist but I feel like most guys are that way. They'd rather just call and talk than say it all through text.. or at least all my exes and current boyfriend have been/are that way... and like all my guy friends lol

• No!! I can't stand it either!!! It's so frustrating!! Stupid spell check!!

• I also absolutely hate texting and all my friends are annoyed by me because I will call them when they text me because I just want to talk for 2 minutes instead of texting for an hour to find out the same amount of information.

• I have my moments. Texting can be annoying and nervewracking. Sometimes, I just want a day or two to myself without talking to anyone. Plus, things get misinterpreted

• Some guys hate texting, especially girls who text a lot

• That's fine. You don't have to like it.

What Guys Said 15

• Texting is stupid.

I don't use texting for anything serious. Preferable only for direct things like instructions , directions, or making quick plans. Anything that's important should be done over the phone or in person.
    You lose so much communication through texting, people always misinterpret things.

• i hate texting a lot too, but at the same time, it's better in some situations. like, if i'm bored in class, it would be a good time to text my friends instead of pay attention. or if i'm in a situation where talking isn't the best option. also, i can respond when it's convenient (like if i'm driving). so it really depends, but overall, i think texting is stupid cause if i'm being sarcastic, i can easily be misconstrued as being a dickhead.

• I only use Skype to text people, phone calls regarding something urgent and work related stuff are fine.
    I have other things to do than listen to people talking and it annoys me when people want to call just to chit chat about gibberish, I close the call and tell them to text me.

• If you text it gives you a chance to think about what you want to say!

• I am the same way, I wish it were just you go up to a girl and ask her out instead of this talking crap, its just a way for people to cheat around easier and isn't real communication

• I hate it with a passion myself...

• I agree. I hate texting 90% of the time and if it wasn't ubiquitous then I would never text. But I can admit that sometimes its useful. Like for forwarding addresses and if the other person can't immediately take a call.

• I hate texting myself totally understand

• I can't text.

• Not at all weird you hate txing. It's full of mixed signals and no good energy. You shouldn't even be txing. That'll suck the energy right out of you like the government

• Sometimes, people have trouble understanding my voice when I'm nervous or shy. So, I text instead so the message is clear to them.

• No its not weird I actually hate when girls want to text me all day because I have things to do & maybe you have a life and they don't, and then they get mad... but just put her on check and if she has a problem then simply just don't care about it... Problem solved... On to the next hahha

• I equally love texting for chit chats and joking as I love it face to face.
    For work things I prefer short calls and face to face talks.
    I don't like chit-chat on phones or face to face. (Fluffy things are exception ^^)
    So for me texting is fun and I use it only for jokes.

• I hate it too.

• I do too cuz texting is so devoid of emotion because there's no tone of voice and comedic timing and delivery get lost.