So, my mom said that I have to "ask her if I have permission to date" IM 15. LIKE wtf. opinions pls?

she told me, that if I wanted to do anything, like my freinds are that I have to ask. ill have my liscense next year, i can drive myself places and not listen to their bitching everywhere i go.
some of my friends recently went on birth control, and here's me- never dated, or anything. my friends stated dating in like gradeschool. wtf and wgat even. they also joke how im going to be the kid whose parents are too strict, and becaseu of it, end up doing the worst things @ parties. im on the verge of telling my parents that id like 2 go live with my sister. like 4 real. i hate them. they hate me. wtt and ho am i supposed to live with them for the next 3 yrs?

Most Helpful Guy

• "she told me, that if I wanted to do anything, like my friends are that I have to ask. I'll have my license next year, I can drive myself places and not listen to their bitching everywhere I go. " There's no doubt in my mind that you'll be 1 of those girls who're 18+ with 2 kids and an STD #MarkMyWords

Because you seem to be a little #HOE waiting to be let #LOOSE in society to me. And the only thing that is holding you back from doing just that (escaping) right now is your parents IMHO.

Ya know because they're kinda like the #chains who're bounding you to the ground ( the "their house, their rules thing") for dear life. Since they don't want to see you ruin your life via being 16+ and pregnant by some young punk ^_^

But you don't care I'm guessing which is the main reason why you want to move with your sister right now. Since she'll give you the freedom to do as you, please. Since I'm guessing that she just doesn't give 1 fuck about you. So not only could you pop out babies like a Pez dispenser over there... but there would also be nobody to keep you line HAHAHA #SMH

i1127.photobucket.com/.../ezgif.com-add-text.gif

• For a change just listen to your parents because it ain't that serious ^_^

• @aledeurope Hopefully the asker takes heed to his words + the rest of us... if not yeah all she needs is a good ole ass whooping to solve her problems LOL

• @aledeeurope Hopefully the asker takes heed to his words + the rest of us... if not yeah all she needs is a good ole ass whooping to solve her problems LOL

Most Helpful Girl

• Okay first of all, dont hate your parents because they won't let you date, thats crazy. Think of all they have sacrificed for you and the love they give and the good times that you guys have had together. If you want to date, you need to be mature about it. When I started dating my now ex I told my mom about it and we had a mature conversation when things became more invovled with my ex and I about birth control. My ex and I never ended up having sex but my mom took me to the gynocologist and I was put on birth control. My mom did not like that I (used to) curse a lot and I told her "I dont drink, I dont do drugs, and I get good grades, whats the harm?". If you mention all the good things you do and all the bad things you dont do that might persuade them. And if your "friends" make fun of you or pressure you like that they are not your friends. Just try to see where your parents are coming from. I did start dating until i was a month away from 16 (almost 17 now) and thats pretty much the normal age so dont let your friends make you feel like you're lame or such. And even if you do get your liscence, your parents still have the right to tell you what to do within reason. If you want more freedom my suggestion is take on more responsibility and try to speak maturly about it to your parents. Like start doing more chores, maybe pick up some extra cirrculars, apply for jobs, make good grades, and so on and so forth.

What Guys Said 17

• "IM 15. LIKE wtf."

Bitch quit acting like you're grown. You're still a child, and unless your parents abuse you (as in REAL abuse, not "They're evil because they don't let me do whatever I want and make me follow rules"), you still have to go by what they say until you're old enough to live on your own.

You should be glad your mother cares enough to enforce that rule, I'm willing to bet that half the girls you know have already sucked dick before they even learned to drive.

• Ooooooh damn

• Your last sentence is so sad... Most likely they were sucking dick before even knowing what E=mc2 means. Or that the capital of Germany is Berlin. Or that Che Guevara was a revolutionary and not just a guy who appears in t-shirts.
      Sad that they learn blowjob skills before basic life skills... pathetic and depressing at the same time.

• @AleDeEurope I know man, it's kinda depressing really :/

• Have you completed high school? Have you had a decent job? Have ever worried about being homeless? Worried about how to take care of someone who hates them?

Because I'm fairly certain they have. They've gone through your experiences AND MORE. Why are your opinions for your life more valuable than theirs, when they have lived more of it?

I dated when I was young. I made a lot of poor decisions, too. Not all things should be experienced firsthand to learn. Like why you shouldn't drive while drunk. Or not to have sex without a condom.

• If she says you have to ask permission, that implies that she might give it... if she thinks you are mature enough. If you want her to think you are mature enough, you have to act mature. A mature person doesn't get on GaG and say the kind of things you said. If you want to present your case for maturity, you aren't doing a very good job of it.

You might not like the answers you are getting, but if you really do want to be mature, then part of maturity is listening to what others have to say. You do know that adults probably have far more rules and less choices than you do? Part of being mature and becoming an adult is accepting that you can't do whatever the hell you want no matter how old you are. You might not realize it, but your parents are far more restricted than you are.

It might seem contradictory, but accepting your mother's rules is a first step toward her loosening those rules. Rejecting rules, and thinking you can do whatever you want has the opposite effect. It show a lack of responsibility. It show lack of mature thoughts and decision making skills. If you want permission for dating or anything else, give her a reason to give you more room. It's not given automatically, you have to earn it.

• Reread your question and you'll understand why you need their permission. You're an immature little kid. Period.

You live under their roof and you're underage, you're their responsibility. Plus, you're immature... "oh no, they hate me waaa". Your parents wanna protect you and you say they hate, it's disgusting how ungrateful you are, and this comes from someone who also thought his parents hated him, and fuck, if I could change how I thought, I would.

Grow the f*ck up before you start dating people!!!

I hope if you come to decision of go to live with your sister, she has common sense and says no, but still, you're your parents responsibility, so they can bring you back home whenever they want.

• You're 15 and live under her roof. If you want whore around at a young age-that's on you and if you end up knocked up or with am std that's on you but first gtfo of their house. If you feel old enough to handle yourself, then leave and support yourself; food, roof, clothes etc.

• How is she gonna be a whore for having sex at 15? If a woman have sex at 20 she'll still be considered a whore so it wouldn't matter. Her parents are stupid because
      1. Hiding sexual things from your kid (s) WILL make them rebel
      2. Being strict and controlling WILL make them rebel
      any many things I will not name

Parents are supposed to TEACH their kids not be controlling. A smart parent would put their child on birth control and teach her how to be safe IN CASE she wants to have sex so she WON'T get pregnant. Being controlling will do the opposite. Gosh smh

• @CapricornSwagL -__- I no longer have any words for you because you're going to continue to miss the point. Take care dear.

• @Cookies_AndMilk Obviously you aren't understanding. If you did, you wouldve never started it with me in the first place

• Their house, their rules.

However, if you tactfully and in a mature way talk to your parents about why you can't date, and have a discussion (not a fussy rant like this question!), they might make some concessions.

Your parents are looking out for your safety.

• You don't need to race into the dating scene. I don't know everything about your mom but there are plenty of valid reasons she may want you to hold off on dating.
    -academics are more important right now. any real relationship distracts from that. She might expect you to have a real job when you grow up. You need good school for that.
    Don't take dating so seriously right now. You don't need a serious boyfriend in high school. You can gain plenty of good experience with flirting and talking to the opposite sex without getting an actual boyfriend.

• Young one!!! Please listen :)

#1 your parents are just looking out for you and also you're not 18 so you're not an adult yet ;)

#2 i think 15 is too young to date cause in all honesty you guys will break up in a year or so, it won't last, sorry to break it to you but it's true. I say start at 17 or 18.

Overall respect your mom and dad. Guys will prob just want sex from you and i'm sure you're not the type of girl at the age of 15 to "give it" to them.

Just love and respect your parents cause they're looking out for you 100%

• And what happens if you ask? Does she say no? Have you tried.

Oh to be 15 again and convinced I know it all.

• I had to wait until 16. Count your blessings, you're dealing with such first world problems.

• Tell them straight. I used to have restrictive parents until I said that I and they do not share the same ideology, and that rules are gonna get broken so you're either with me or against me.

• "Omg!!!1111 my parents give me rules!!111 like very other parent!!!111!!! one!!! they hate meee!!! omggggg"

• they don't hate you, they're being parents. they know what's out there, and they don't want to throw your life away as most of your friends will end up doing.

• No your too young to make decisions like that

Your parents are right

• When parents say something, you HAVE to obey. One day, YOU YOURSELF will be a parent in the same position. I'll ask you then.

• I think you're getting too influenced by your friends and being superficial (no offense, really).
    Have in mind your parents just want tge best for you👍though you should be allowed to date the people you want and even less ask permission, like its your life and you have your own rights.

• You shouldn't be on birth control at that age. Stop acting like you're grown, because you are far from it. In five years you will look back and be glad you had stricter parents who didn't allow you to screw up your life.

What Girls Said 11

• "I'll have my license next year" <- oh good, but is it next year yet? No.

Quit your bitching. Your mother is making very reasonable requests.

• I honestly think that's perfectly acceptable, your mum wants to know who you're dating. Your friends have different parents of course, at the time it may seem like it sucks, but honestly I wasn't even allowed to date at 15, I just hid it from my mum, however the fact that your mum is allowing you, but with permission is good! You may be surprised your sister might be even more strict with you because she feels like she would have to have the parent role!

• how about next time you feel like bitching about your parents just remember you live under their roof, you dont have a decent job. The next time you want to say that you hate your parents and that they hate just remember that you threw up on them as a baby and they kept you. seriously your mother carried you for nine months and spent 12 hours (more or less) in labor and this is how you repay her? some people dont have parents so keep the bitching and sass to a minimum. your parents have much more life experience than you so you can learn from them.

focus on school because high school does end. What are you going to do if you had crap grades in high school and no college wants you? And dont say "for real" its annoying

• you should not be doing birth control at that age my best friend in high school was on birth control for years and know she does not know if she can have kids

• Oh my god. I can like.. Feel the brattiness.

"how am i supposed to live with them for the next three years"

Realize you are the CHILD in the situation and stop acting like an entitled brat. You live under someone elses roof, you listen to them. I know strict, if they even are, parents aren't ideal, but you'll learn to appreciate that they actually cared about you.

• Well clearly from this post, you are definitely still a child and not mature enough to be dating-let alone having sex or going on birth control. So, good thing your parents are strict with you

• Your mother likely knows what's best for you at such a young age, especially in terms of keeping you away from guys who will treat you like dirt or worse. I wish I had listened to my mom about more things.

• but your age says 16 and you live in your parents house its they're fuckin rules show some respect :D

• i love how kids who dont know shit act like they know everything move out get a job and rent an apartment then come on this site an re-post that question

• Honey, I wasn't allowed to date until I was 17. Your parents make the rules, unfortunately.

• stop whinging you're only 15. your parent don't want you to end up dating some older creep who just want you for your body because you seem naive and pretty willing. boo hoo your parent care about you, and don't want to see you get hurt.

• you should tell her how u feel and tell her u want to starting dating and that it's ok to date when your 15

• I think you should respect your mom. Trust me, I know it can be super frustrating sometimes, but that's normal. You're both in stages where you don't really understand each other as well, but it'll pass hopefully. Try not to ruin your relationship with your parents, you'll regret it /feel guilty later.