Did he find an excuse to text me?

So I broke up with my ex 3 weeks ago after about a year and I miss him but I am freaking out as he’s signed up for a dating site.
We broke up as I just didn't feel things were progressing with him in the way I would like (ie him making more effort and a long term relationship) and then he made a comment about how sometimes I can be moody and how he thinks sometimes I can be mildly manipulative. There was a short heated argument where he backtracked and said he was sorry and didn't mean it. I told him if he thought I was manipulating him then he shouldn’t bother contacting me again. I didn't contact him again after that at all.
On day 13 really late at night he text me to say “just to let you know your whatsapp account is active again, no need to reply. I’m just letting you know”. This is because I had my phone stolen a few weeks ago and suspended my account. I did text a reply at lunch the next day just saying “Thanks but it’s me. Been very busy. Hope you are ok”.
To which he immediately replied to say “Thats ok. I am really sorry, I never meant to hurt or upset you. That was the last thing I wanted. I hope you are ok too x”. I didn't send a response.
So as he contacted me first does this give me power, does he miss me?
Did he contact me because he genuinely felt it was important I should know about my phone? -seems a bit far fetched
Did he use that as an excuse to contact me? Is he really sorry?
What do you think.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 1

• You honestly do sound manipulative let him find someone who doesn't just want to mess with his feelings :(