Tinder users, is it common to not get replies from your matches?

I mean at least 85% of girls don't reply back.
i have many matches but barley any responses.

is theirs common?

• Yes, it's common
  • No, I get replies from all my matches

Most Helpful Girl

• Most people just use it for fun. Just to see how many matches they get but not actually do something with it.

• Do you use it just for fun?

• 2 years ago yes. My friends also just grabbed my phone and swiped some dudes and talked to them in a chat. Nothing serious.

What Girls Said 7

• its not a dating website lol but to be honest most of the people i try to talk to on here respond to me

• Yeah most people, man or woman don't reply much. I know I didn't.

• The majority of Tinder profiles are fake. And besides, women don't tend to message first.

• Well one reason is, no fb. I deactivated my fb so I can't reply to any messages on there

• Yep it's very common. Some people use it just for fun

• i try to respond to the guys who send me messages, but I don't send the first message

• Why not?

• @Kirah I usually don't, probably because I don't care as much or I don't know what to say

• If you're male, yes.

What Guys Said 16

• I just tried Tinder 'for fun' (because I have no intentions of hooking up with random people, and I didn't even even have a match in over a week, forget about replies!

• Dude, most girls there are just looking for an ego boost, that's why a lot have their Instagram in their bio, they just want followers and attention, more attention.

• Yeah dude. I'd like to say 75%+ of the women that use Tinder are attention whores and want that or they're seeking a free meal/date type of thing. Lowly bitches for the most part. I've talked to and dated a few on there to know. Shits ridiculous really. The world we live in today where folks can't be more straight-forward and direct about their feelings and what they want

• Yes its normal because in any dating site girls have loads of messages... sometimes it takes time to reach yours and sometimes they just choose someone else (usually someone they find hotter)

Plenty of girls told me and even showed me their accounts... one had about 50 unread messages on Plenty of fish

• Your a guy, so your phone not going to blow up from messages.

And some girls use it just for attention, nothing else.

• yeah most girls are there for validation and attention. You have to have some really good pics and witty opener to have them respond to you instead of the other 200 weekly matches they get.

• Yep because by the time they figure out i know their profile is fake, I've reported them and had their profile deleted

• it's been shown that guys typically only get 1 out of 100 of their messages to be responded too on apps like that.

• Yes, it's common. Some people just swipe right on everyone and see how many matches they get.

• I hardly even get matches mate.

• Yeah, I've talked to maybe 5 girls and matched with 75, like 50 were bots.

• You're a guy, so yes.

• It's a hoax. All these similar apps are a hoax.

• You have to make interesting comments. If I just messaged "hi" I wouldn't get replies either.

• A lot of girls seem to use it as a self-esteem boost, to feel wanted. So I'd say it pretty common for people not to reply.

• Well, women almost NEVER make the first move...

I'm sure for less attractive women the same holds true, since guys just swipe right without looking. Then those girls get matches and wonder why the guy doesn't message them.