I told the guy I like that I liked him, and asked how he felt. Confused by what his answer means?

We met online. Not on a dating site, just on an anonymous messaging app. We talked nonstop for a month. The whole time he seemed pretty into me. Joked about us informally online dating, and kept saying how awesome he thought I was. We were talking about improv comedy, and he said maybe he'd take me sometime. I didn't want to rush things, so I tried to go slow. Finally we met when he came to my friend's birthday party. He was even more amazing in person than over text, and I did think he was really attractive. We kept texting after that, and he said we should go "adventuring" sometime, and I suggested a comedy show again, and he was totally into that. But he has such a crazy busy schedule that we never found time. A month after meeting the first time, he invited me to a comedy show with some of his friends. I went, it was a lot of fun, and he hugged me before I left.
So a couple days ago, I sent him a text saying that I liked him as more than a friend, and I asked how he felt. He said that with where he was with work and life and such, he didn't feel like he could dedicate himself to someone the way he would want to in a relationship. He ended it with "that being said, you're awesome and I enjoy you being in my life". Then he sent me another text and said "right now I'd really like to get this whole divorce thing behind me before I pursue something else. Right now it's a little more prevalent in my life than I would like and that's an obstacle in itself."

So basically, I don't know if he's saying "no" or just "not right now". Cause he never actually said he didn't like me as well.

Most Helpful Guy

• His answer seems pretty clear. He doesn't have time for a true relationship, evidenced by him seeing you only twice in the last few months. He is dealing with the emotional stress of divorce and with his work schedule things are hectic for him right now.

He seems to like you but just not able to pursue a exclusive committed realationship at the moment. It's up to you if you wanna wait or move on.

Most Helpful Girl

• If he is telling you the whole truth and was this Honest John here, dear, I believe he said a Mouthful... Right now I'd really like to get this whole divorce thing behind me before I pursue something else.
    He is Not into a Real Relationship at present, so continue to go slow with Joe. Just follow his lead, tell him you understand Completely and you would like to take it in baby steps this day forward.
    Good luck. xx

What Guys Said 3

• No and not right now are basically the same answer in his situation. His personal issues could carry on and on. I would move on.

• He means to say that if he gets into a relationship he won't be able to give u the time u need need or which should be provided in a relationship... in simple words he meant"not right now"

• wait, this guy is divorced? hahahahaha
    r u nuts to be dating a divorced guy?
    he must be having a wife, a kids or maybe he is planning to leave them just becoz of u... u should feel ashamed of urself... ur ruining a guy's family...

• He's been in the process of a divorce for several months now. Long before I met him.

• He got a girl pregnant. They got married. A year or so later they split up. Now they're getting a divorce. He's a good person.

• nope sweety... he is not a good person... trust me...
      my gut feeling is saying he is only pretending to be nice... but he is not a nice guy...

What Girls Said 1

• Take it as a no.