Would you date somebody who doesn't like kids?

Why or why not?

Most Helpful Girl

• For me personally no but that is because I absolutely adore kids. My job is working with children so when i do decide to enter into a relationship one day (i have no urge to be in a relationship anytime soon as i feel i am still too young) i want to be fully committed and fully ready for a relationship. This means that when i am in a relationship later on in life i am dating for the purpose of marriage and not just to be dating someone and for me having kids one day is a must and so realistically speaking i do not think things will work out well if i am with someone who doesn't share the same belief. If you, however, do not take relationships seriously and know this person is not the right person for you and you will end the relationship some day (meaning you like kids/ and want kids) then go for it, everyone is different.

• that's nice... but then it's nicer how you're offended since others are posting in your zone of lighthearted posting haha.. ok. i'm not bothered.

Most Helpful Guy

• Doesn't want themselves or actually doesn't like? I mean I don't have a strong desire to have children, I don't think I'd make a very good father and I'd likely pass on my autism to them which is not desirable, but I would have children if my partner wants to have them. That being said, if she doesn't like children at all I'd wonder if she has a stone instead of a heart. Come on, who doesn't like children? I get it, they can be annoying and scream and shit, but they're just so cute and they can be really sweet. We've all been children as well.

What Girls Said 40

• I'd rather not, since I wanna have babies someday and it wouldn't be quite healthy for the baby daddy to hate our babies. 😧

• haha... ok. so i'm not allowed to post threads like this since it breaches your morality or your view on how people can get on or who does what... cool.. i don't need to give a fuck.. give a reason why i must?

• @93stepsawayfromhome this guy is a moron. Troll to the nth degree. Just ignore him. his mother dresses him funny too.

• Hahaha @Scrambledagain nice... Somebody probably dropped him as a child. He's a senile retard or something ­čść

• Haha, I can't. I have a sweet 10 year old. She doesn't meet anyone until I am deep in a relationship, but I make sure they know about her from day one. I also let the guy know I can financially care for her and am not looking for a father for her; she has one already. There is no drama from him, we are quite friendly. My relationships need to be on board; I don't expect them to Love her like I do, but I do expect them to be respectful of her place in my heart.

• No. Because I want kids and if he doesn't even like them , then chances are he won't want them. I'm not interested in a guy like that

• Not liking kids does not mean the person hates kids. Personally I am not sure if I want kids but kids can be annoying and I think some women and men want kids for the wrong reasons because they think they will always have a cute little toddler that may resemble them. But here is the thing. Kids grow up and change they develop their own personality and path. I'm not looking to date right now but this is why I think it's important to know what a person wants from their life before they start dating

• Well depends how he likes kids in this day and age...

But, to answer your question, yes. I am right now.
    Even though I want children myself, I have to agree, I dislike other people's kids on the whole. They let them act like animals and the parents aren't much better themselves. I want to have children and raise them properly, not hooligans.

• Yeah I'm honestly not a big fan of them either (that might change in the future?) so I wouldn't have a problem with that - I couldn't date anyone who has a problem with animals though since I have a dog and if my dog doesn't like the potential partner it's just not gonna work lol 🐶🐾

• Yea, I would date someone who didn't like kid. But they would need to get over it and one day want a child. Because I want to raise a child. So, that would be a deal breaker for me if that person never wanted children.

• hahahaha.,... well i post here how i please. I don't get what laughable right you have to say i cannot... haha...

• I think that it depends. I like MOST children. I can't help but dislike the bad trouble makers (you know the ones- the ones that try to light the cat's or dogs tail with a lighter when you are not looking, or teasing the elderly neighbours next door. ( even through you have explained countless times that it is mean!)

• Sure, there’s nothing wrong with dating someone who doesn’t want marriage or children. That is, unless I do and I’d like both with him.

• No I wouldn't

• I'm not a huge fan of them either. I would like to adopt someday tho.

And dating doesn't mean I'm gonna marry them so...

• No, I don't date people who dislike a group of people for something they can't change about themselves.

• No, I would not.

• That's fine.. but I post as i please I don't give a fuck if you dislike the tone..

• Ummm, I just gave a simple answer to the question. That's all.

• lulz... i doubt that. but then according to you and your friends here i'm "not allowed" to post in given tones... haha... i'm just amused how you reckon you give a shit what some strnager online posts... didn't know adult babies existed...

• sure.. why not

• haha... you get offended at people posting in your "zone"... hahaha.. i don't gvie a fuck about that.. unless you can give me a good reason why i must...

• No. I couldn't. I love kids. And I'm not dating someone just to date them. I eventually would like to be married. Finding out he didn't like or want children would be a deal breaker.

• lulz... so i'm not allowed to have an opinon... why perchance? or i'm not allowd to use given tones, like i have to be serious all the time.. haha.. fool.

• Sir... what the hell are you talking about?

• Madam... i'm "on about" your insistence and bullshit/comical posting supremacy... hahaha... i'd rather do this, than how you as a grown woman who cannot resolve her own issues/problems posts about how depressed you are and how you hate yourself...

• Would prefer it. I don't like kids either.

• all kids? or just some kids? because I like some kids, but not all.

• I don't dislike children but I don't want to have them either. So if I was dating and my boyfriend said he didn't want kids, it wouldn't bother me too much

• No... because I have one. ;-)

• No because I want kids

• haha... sorry you make me laugh... I like how I'm not supposed to have perfect thinking... cool story brother... it's called being a human...

• No, I wouldn't date someone like that. It's fine if he is easily annoyed by kids, but to not like kids in general, that's too much.
    I want someone who knows how to treat kids and is tender towards them because that's so freaking cute.

• I wouldn't because I like kids. .3.

• It would be a no no, since I want them someday

• Yes because I don't want kids and a lot of them are very annoying. I love my niece though.

• I probably could.

• If I really liked them yeah I would. Even tho I really want kids.

• No, I wouldn't.

• A big fat NO.

• That's a plus in my books

• I love kid so much. If I really like him I will persuade him to like kids. That's how I am lol

• More from Girls
    10

What Guys Said 20

• I don't want kids, and I would be ok if I never had to interact with one again, so I suppose it would be fine. However, if this person was actively engaged in child hate, then I think that would be a little bit of a red flag. I mean, I may not want kids or particularly like them, but I would still be kind to them and I am amused by some... I just don't care for them overall.

SO I guess if they were actively engaged in their dislike I would shy away from such a person but if they just didn't care for and want kids but still treated them like as a decent human, then I would be down to date such a person.

• Yes, because I don't have any kids. But I would want to know why they don't like kids. They're delicious barbecued!

• I would like to have kids at some point so I'd probably decline. Well one can go out on a date just for the sake of it, without expecting anything meaningful to form out of it.

• I love babies and would want a person with similar views as mine, so I won't date a girl who doesn't like kids.

• I absolutely loooovee kids, I'd really like to have kids later, that would be soo awesome. Imagine, tiny little humans running through your house, seems so adorable <3
    You can learn them cool stuff, play with them, have fun with them :) Why would anyone hate such little beings? They're the future

• I'd have to say no. Kids aren't perfect, but neither are adults. I'm usually around kids when I'm not working and at family gatherings. I don't have any kids of my own (yet), but whoever I date shouldn't hate them.

• I hate kids, so someone who shared that would be great.

• Yes because I'm not looking for the mother of my children and I'm not looking to the future I just like a women for who she is not who she might be.

• Personally I still would. Although sure I want kids and she doesn't, Maybe we can adopt one in the future. Just cause she don't want a kid don't mean I won't love her anymore because of it.

• Yes, since I don't want any.

• I don't dislike them, but I don't want kids. So yes I would

• sure i dont see anything wrong with that unless they are like going around punching the kids in the face or something then that is just weird

• Yes, I would do it, but I wouldn't marry her, because I want to marry a woman who like to have kids with me, but I wouldn't date a woman who has kids, unless she is widow and I have a close relationship with her kids.

• At this moment, yes; if I ever want kids of my own, then I wouldn't, for that reason.

• yeah sure, I wouldn't date someone who don't like dogs though

• Having kids should be punishable by death.

• No. Because I wouldn't date someone looking at present. I'll date only when I'm looking for long term thing. In long term plans, I want to have kids. Also, I feel that people who doesn't like kids have something missing in their emotions department.

• No. I tend to find that such people are generally selfish or otherwise have some kind of fatal personality flaw.

• Ok, whatever.

• I wouldn't mind because I don't have kids and don't want them...

• Sure why not.