Bad Date, who's to blame?

Recently started talking to this girl who has a twin sister. Now we decided on dinner as a date, she messages me the day of and says that she has to pick up something at the mall and to met there. I had planned on us eating at this new italian place cause she said she liked italian food. The italian place was far from the mall but i met her there anyways. WHen i got there she was with her twin cause im guessing since they have strict parents she says theyre doing something as oopsed to saying she has a date. Now they shopped for a bit and the sister was waiting on her friend who she had called to hangout with while me and my date went to go eat. This all took a while and we got to the italian restaurant later than i had thought, now by the time we got there it was full and we were on the waiting list for about 25 mins. after about 20 mins or so of waiting my date got uncomfortable cause the mall closed at 9 and whwat was her sister to do? so we ended up just leaving the line to go back to the mall to pick up her sister and then I dropped them both home. She was really apologetic, I fully understood the situation. NOw who's to blame for the bad date? SHould i have just piked somewhere closer? or less busy? Could she possibly be mad at mee cause the date didn't go as planned?

• My Bad
  • Her Bad
  • Things Happen no ones fault

Most Helpful Girl

• I think she should have told you the circumstances before you planned things out. Of course things happen, but you went through all the effort of going around with her and her sister and planning the date and taking her to a nice location and didn't even get to enjoy yourself. I say she should have planned better and gave you a heads up as to what was going on.

Most Helpful Guy

• why do we need to blame anyone? she should have figured out a better system but hey that's how it is. you could've changed the plan to go to a different closer restaurant but oh well.

it sounds like she was appropriately apologetic. So you guys will hopefully have better luck next time

• I mean i dont care personally, i understand the situation fully. I just felt like it was partly my fault and I didn't want to be the reason things didn't go as planned.

What Girls Said 2

• I wouldn't say that was anyone's fault. If she was really apologetic, she probably wouldn't blame you, and she'd probably be open to try again.

• How old is she/ you?

• we're both 23, my profile wasn't filled out correctly pardon the age, didn't think it mattered.

• Well you said her parents are over protective so I assume she is a bit younger than you?

What Guys Said 2

• You go to the mall to pick her up and she is shopping with her sister. I would have told her to call me another time when she is actually available for a date, and then I would have left.

• It sounds like she really tried hard to get this time with you and the date, but she should have told you this plan ahead of time. I say no ones fault, but she should have told you ahead of time of how it was going to go. In the future, don't plan out dates so much and get hung up if they don't go according to plan 100%, just enjoy the time together however it happens

Also, how old is she if her parents are that strict, yet your profile says 25-30?

• Well, if you were 25 and dating someone who sounds like they are 16 it would kind of matter lol but I understand now. This is 100% on her parents. She is grown ass woman at 23. I think it is really sweet she tried so hard for some date time with you. Jsut tell her to keep you more in the loop and text if things change is all.

And as sweet as she was, you need to ask yourself if you really want to get involved with her, and all the work it will take to date her given her parents... it is sad to say her parents 'scared you off', but you need to be sure it is worth it now before either of you get too attached.