How to reject someone you don't really have romantic feelings for?

Anyone knows how I can do this in a better way?

The problem is my friend set me up on a date with someone I really don't find physically attracted and we're very incompatible in several areas. It's now been nearly 15 days being introduced to him and he's getting more interested. I've been trying to say I'm busy but that's not working.

I don't really want to date him. I only see him as just a friend. I always have trouble with not really being straight forward just to be nice.

Days are passing by quickly, that I wouldn't want him invested too much yet now I don't know what would be a way that won't hurt him too much.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think the answer is implied in your last sentence "I always have trouble with not really being straight forward just to be nice." , that means, you DO need to be straight forward. You can still be nice while being straight forward, meaning that you don't need to be rude, just politely say you're honestly not interested in him as a date, but as a friend.
    Of course he's not going to like hearing that, because nobody likes to be rejected, but you can't avoid that. And to reject someone doesn't mean you're being disrespectful, it just means you're choosing. That's what dating is about.

• True. I'll say it sometime later today

What Guys Said 5

• you just have to do it against your nature no one says it's easy. it's hard to say it right away but it will just save him the pain so talk to him about your situation and how you think that he is going too far and you don't want to and you think about him as a friend. I think he will understand

• As we say down here 'don't beat around the bush'. You need to be direct and honest with him. The longer you leave it, the harder the reaction will be for the both of you when he does finally learn.
    Hope i've helped.

• Just tell him. It is WAY nicer to be direct then to lead the guy on unintentionally. Seriously, that guy is probably wondering what he is doing wrong and whatnot, it would be easier if you just said, like you said above, you like him as a friend but nothing more. That brings closure to it and its way better than flat out ending everything by ignoring him or faking it.

• The longer you wait the harder it will be for him. He will also feel cheated, of you never had the intention but didn't tell him anyway

• Communicate with them and tell them your not interested

What Girls Said 1

• I had the same experienced before. Don't want to tell directly because we don't want to hurt others feeling. What I did was I started to ignore him. Sometimes I reply to him like a short answer mostly not. Until he got tired and stop 🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉