Is it weird to never have been dating at age 26?

I've never been in a relationship, on a date, kissed or even hold hands.

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes, it is weird but not necessarily in a bad way. Questions are, do you suffer from some level of social anxiety? Do you have body image issues? Are you self conscious about anything else? These are a few areas where not dating at your age can border on the unhealthy. If this is your story, don't throw in the towell. You deserve to overcome this and you can. There is someone out there created just for you. Not just that, someone will love the fact you have been waiting just for them. You take all the time you need and love yourself. You're worth it!

• I have social anxiety, but it is not as major as it used to be. I'm not self conscious at all. I am the way I am and I like it.

• Nice! I like your reply to this. Looks to me like you are simply a late bloomer. This is a case where being weird is a good thing. Here is an example of how being "normal" in this case is not so good; Waht is "normal" for a 26 year old girl in America today? Most of the time, she has already had her heart broken several times by now, not because guys are mean or malicious, but because she gave her heart too quickly. Now she begins to put up unhealthy walls and tries to toughen herself. The term "normal" are usualy related to positive things and "weird" negative things. This is definitely one case where being a bit off from the norm is a good thing. I like how you say, "You are the way you are and you like it!" Be just as happy with who you are on the inside. If I were in my 20's again, you would be the kind of girl I would be looking for. You possess something very rare for today's society, it is purity. Look at yourself as a treasure, because you are.

Most Helpful Girl

• It’s normal to feel like a bit of an outsider if all your friends have had relationships while you’re still single, but don’t let it get you down. You don’t need a relationship just because your friends have one.

There’s no need to feel different for not having a significant other in your life right now. Just because you’ve never been in a relationship doesn’t mean you never will be. It’s okay to wait for the one.

Good luck.

• Thanks :)
      Your kind words really make me feel better. Hopefully luck is with me someday. ^^

• I'd be happy to help you anytime.

What Guys Said 9

• We are just the same only thing I'm younger than you, I choose not be in a relationship because I want to pursue my goals and I'm busy at work. I know it's hard or sad when you see a lot of couples or your friends all have in a relationships. But for me I have also the fault where I never dated a girl even once

• It's fine. I am 23, I have also never kissed, had sex with, held hands, or been on a date with a girl. I've had some good chances, but I never took them. But, one day it might happen for the both of us - and that decision is up to us.

• these days, that actually doesn't surprise me. people are so damn busy with their careers and goals.

• Hi, I have the same issue as you do. Besides I didn't get chance to date as I concentrated to much building my career. Which country/culture are you from. In some culture, its perfectly ok if you are not being in relationship even in your age

• I don't know about weird, esp. If you had SA. Im nearly 27, and am the same. My SA and depression killed any chances before, now I just try online dating and see what happens.

• It depends why.

• If your unattractive maybe or just never get out and extremely shy

• I've been a virgin until August 2015. I had sex with four prostitutes. I've never been in a relationship, on a date, kissed or held hands.

• Why?

Ugly? Shy? Don't get along with people? Stay at home most of the time?

• I wouldn't call myself ugly. Average, I guess. Even though I get a lot of compliments. But that's all I ever got. ( I also got so far and got the guts to ask some guys out, obviously without success ) I used to have major social anxiety, but it has become better. I'm mostly outside since then. (It's almost 3 years now)

• What kind of a friggin reply is this? You know, it is om to NOT say anything if you have NOTHING to say!

What Girls Said 0