Do opposites really attract? I am dating a girl and I like her... but we are SO different?

I have been dating this cute and lovely girl for ONLY 2 weeks. But the thing is that we are so different and almost the opposite. I am a quiet person, but she's talkative and loud. our taste in music is different: I prefer calm music while she loves hip hop and rap. our food preference is differen: she loves fast food and burgers. I love healthy food. she likes partying and going crazy.. but I don't. She wants to have a tatoo, but I do not like tatoos. I don't know.. we are just so different.

Despite of all the differences, I feel attracted to her. We kissed many times. I love smelling her, and kissing her lips, neck, nose, ears, and cheeks. I love making out with her. I love caressing her hand. I love being around her and talking to her. So my question is: Am i just infatuated by her and sooner or later I will get bored of her? or Do opposites really attract?

Most Helpful Girl

• My husband is the complete opposite of me in soooo mainly ways but we level each other out. He's a lot like you but we have more difference. I've had a lot of bad happen to me so now I'm a glass half empty type of person and he's a glass half full. He helps me because of that. A lot of good has happened since I met him.
    He is shy and I'm not. It helps him make friends because I'm like that. we just moved somewhere else and he's socially awkward at first. He has business dinners parties sometimes and I know how to break the ice so he gets comfortable. He has fun when we go out to a bar or club because I love to dance and he loves my attention.
    He likes rap and I like alternative rock. But we have gotten used to the others music, and even though we still prefer our own we like the other too much to break up over it. He likes movies, I hate most movies so I don't watch much. I read a lot, he gets bored with it. But we enjoy each others company and that's what counts. Sometimes differences can be good for you or/and her. Most you can over look. Do you like her enough or not? Y'all just started, there is a lot more to learn about each other. Those things won't be the only differences.

Most Helpful Guy

• Having opposing interests is perfectly fine. But you both need to have certain essential similarities in mentality for the r/s to work and proceed without hiccups.

What Girls Said 5

• Yes but for it to work you have to be the right kind of opposites. If you are you can compensate for each other's short comings and be better as a whole than apart. I'm better with people and negotiating than my boyfriend but he is super smart, practical and good at fixing things. We are both smart but in different ways and social in different ways that compliment each other. We know our domains and let the other take the lead when it is something they will handle better. He's more serious than me and can be pessimistic where as I like to laugh all the time and see the bright side. I dig him out of his hole and make him laugh sometimes even when he doesn't want to but he is there to help me handle some of the things life throws at me that I sometimes avoid or don't like to deal with. the things that stress me out don't stress him out and vice versa which is really nice because we talk each other through things.

• same here but I don't love him I adore him

• you've surely seen things that say "good girl and the bad boy'', right? its like the opposite. its adorable and cute and #goals asf. (:

• That only works short term. Opposites won't work long term

• I think you just find her attractive and you are only infatuated with her. It also depends on the situation. Because a couple can be opposites but still have met at a place where they share common interest. Opposites only work in my opinion if they compliment each other

What Guys Said 5

• Typically that is untrue, but that doesn't mean there aren't plenty of cases where it was true.

You need to consider the core values, is there conflict there? If so, it is not likely to be a sustainably healthy relationship.

• If that was the case I'd be dating a beautiful woman who's a nice person right now!

• You gotta discover where you guys like in common

• Yes god secretly lusts for the devilil.

• Opposites and likes can both attract.