Why would a guy want the lights off when about to have sex?

We had a sex a few times beofre with some lighting but last time we did it, he told me to turn off the lights. I asked him why? And asked if he was insecure? He said bc he likes it dark and said he wasn't. He's a really good looking where every girl wants him, I just don't understand why he would want it dark when you can't see anything? was bc I am as well good looking. My guy friend said maybe I intemidate him bc I am in control of when we hangout and when we don't. And the guy listens to everything I say By giving me a foot and back massage.

Most Helpful Guy

• i dont buy it. I think he doesn't want to admit he's insecure cause he thinks youd think less of him

• But I already seen him naked and the first time he didn't seem insecure..

• maybe something changed. maybe he feels he gained weight but its all in his head?

Most Helpful Girl

• I doubt it. He probably is insecure.

What Guys Said 4

• He is either insecure about his body, not fully attracted to your body, or fantasizing about someone else.

• I think he is a little insecure about his size. Its hard too see it in the dark right lol. Either that or he has some scars or something that looks bad on his body that he doesn't want you to see.

• So you treat him like a doormat?

• No... Just bc I ask for something and he does it doesn't mean I treat him like a door mat. And when I'm busy and can't hangout we don't hangout.

• And I actually really like him.. Just don't know if he does

• I'm just sayin'

• I dim the lights to set the mood, but I still like to see what I'm doing, if it's too bright it gets kind of annoying , but I don't feel funny about my body maybe he's insecure about something

What Girls Said 1

• This doesn't add up. Guys are very visual so they love it when the lights are on during sex. I think it can be one of three things. 1. He's insecure 2. He isn't attracted to you
    3. He's confused sexually (maybe he thinks he's gay?)