Do you think it's worse to be an ugly girl or to be an ugly guy?

I'm a guy and I think ugly girls have it worse. Think girls care more about personality than guys do which makes it easier for an ugly guy to get a girlfriend. I think ugly girls have harder lives in general.

• It's worse to be an ugly Girl
  • It's worse to be an ugly Guy
  • equally as bad
  • I don't know

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• Hmm. Damn. I voted A. Because males are mostly concerned with psychical appearance, but a rich, high social status man can draw all the hotties, even if his face is busted. However, women also have makeup, which can, when done right, can bump their hottness up 1-3, maybe 4 levels. Look at Jenna Marbles. She's like average without makeup, then pops up to a 9 when she does her makeup right, in my opinion. As for ugly, ugly, I guess I would still say it's worse to be an ugly, ugly woman than an ugly-ugly man. Ugly-ugly woman are pretty much fucked. And not in the good way.

What Girls Said 15

• It's slightly worse to be an ugly girl, a lot of focus and pressure is put on a girl's looks. You know, makeup, "wrinkle removing" creams, plastic surgery. All pretty much advertised at women. It's bad enough that men of all ages seem to be fixated on girls who are 18-25 years old (which narrows down the options quite a lot), but to be ugly too... the standard is so high for women and our looks. Even the smallest wrinkle and we get bashed for it. And bullshit statements like "women age like milk, men age like wine". Women are constantly bashed for our looks no matter how we look, but to be ugly too is like 10000x worse.

• Well a lot of focus and worth is put on how a girl looks. We're supposed/pressured to be pretty. its the reason diseases like anorexia and body dismorphia mostly affect girls.

But for guys, since girls mostly like a guys face and because men think they have to be the ones to approach they may not get as many girlfriends.

• Ugly girl, obviously.
    We are valued only by our looks, so if we are ugly, we are screwed.
    You can notice this even if you just walk on street. At every corner is something to attract attention with a beautiful girl, like a comercial pannel (or how is called that @.@).
    They bully a girl if she is ugly, but they don't bully a guy if he is ugly.
    Ugly guys can still get a girlfriend because girls don't care about looks as much as guys do.
    Conclusion: if you are an ugly girl, you are nothing.

• Worse to be an ugly girl because (especially in High School) there is a lot more bullying from both genders.

Women's beauty standards are a lot higher than men's.

• looks like you never got bullied in highschool

• I did actually! I got curvy really early and I have long legs and got bullied at the start of high school but then as time went on, the girls realised that I had a good thing going on! Girls will literally target everyone.

• I didn't know girls bullied so much.

• It's worse to be an unattractive girl, especially in high school. Then when it comes to dating and stuffs, most (not all) guys usually go for the looks. Tho people always say beauty lies in the eyes of beholder.

• Yeah I think being an ugly girl might be slightly worse but being ugly always sucks - though it's always something rather subjective in then end

• i just agree with what you said

• Guy, definitely.

No matter how unattractive you may be, dating is still easier if you're female due to Bateman's Principle.

• While I believe there is no such thing as an "ugly" person as it is all subjective guys are socialized to be a ton more externally oriented than girls are, it's definitely worse to be an ugly girl.

• ugly girl, since much more of a girl's value derives from her appearance

• Ugly girl fo sho.

• I don't know, since I can't ever know what an "ugly" guy's POV is. I would think both have it difficult.

I do know that girls can be vicious. Women's beauty standards are so high, and there are a lot of pressures on women, especially young girls. Over half of my high school had eating disorders by freshman year. Sadly, a lot resorted to physically harming themselves as well.

I never was bullied (I didn't care what others said about me) and I definitely did not bully others. But I was a tutor as well as an office worker, I heard and saw things. Both genders bullied girls or pressured girls. Just because someone developed earlier (or even later) than "normal", or didn't have make-up, or too much make-up... it's very difficult. Most cases I saw where verbally abusive bullying, but there was physical sometimes. I was shocked other girls would do that, but they did. I am aware that guys got bullied, too.

That's why early on I said Screw it, and just did what I wanted. I am quite happy with how I am, and just try to be nice to everyone. I don't know their lives and they may or may not have had it rough. Being respectful and kind to others can go a long way.

• i feel like a girl who is not typically attractive can always do certain things to look good, and beauty matters less when you get to know someone and they are a good person. plus beauty is in the eye of the beholder

• It's way worse to be an ugly girl.

• 100%
    Girls have it hard!

What Guys Said 24

• No doubt it's worse to be an ugly girl. With guys you have a chance to make up for it with personality, success, etc. With girls if you look like a mess, it's pretty tough to recover.

• It sucks for both but I think an ugly girl has it worse. Depending on how ugly, both could very well end up single for life.

• I think both have their pro's and cons. For girls, attraction is physical beauty. So if they don't have this, it's an uphill battle. But gym and make up is an easy thing to solve if you put your mind to it. The difficulty being that looks are it for women in terms of attraction and if you don't have it, it's difficult to draw on other cards Men, looks don't count as much and like for women, looks is an easy thing to tackle. But for men, personality counts a lot and demeanour. That, unlike gym and makeup is an extremely difficult thing to change. So it's tough for both sides. In terms of casual sex, women have it easier but men can pay for hot sex workers, so it can even out in that department. I voted both equally.

• It's worse to be an ugly girl; they are essentially men.

• This is one of those questions like: what's worse? To have no arms or no face?

• Female physical attractiveness is valued even more than in males; while females do care about physical attractiveness in men; everyone cares about physical attractiveness in women. It's weird.

• in a normal guy's mind, an ugly or hell, even average looking girls dont really exist, society has us believing that all women out there are really beautiful, when it comes to women, they rarely see an attractive guy as they walk around so in their mind, men are usually average looking or fugly and a remotely decent guy can be a total heartthrob in the right place, so yes, being an ugly girl is worse.

• A ugly guy has no media influence on his back? Maybe. I guess they are about equal whilst the girl normally worries more about her looks then guys do ugly guys who really want a girl (and won't rather play games than feel bad) feel more forced to be successful and rich in their lives (aka sugardaddy).
    Ugly with ugly is the best way for both sides to be happy tho you can still chase for "out of your league" and have a slight chance at being lucky

• equally as bad, believe it or not, men are also pressured to be thin and attractive and have six pack abs. Studies have shown that anorexia/eating disorders is rising in young men, men are less likely to admit it though

• It seems to be worse for girls, sadly... 😔
    A lot of guys these days,(not at all including myself), care pretty much nothing about their looks aside from the size of thier penis. 😒

• An ugly guy, ugly girls can still get boyfriends but ugly guys struggle more with finding a partner.

• Ugly guys can have good friends... Whereas, even beautiful girls have horrible back-stabbing bitches for friends... Guy friends usually have each other's backs...

• Without a doubt an ugly girl has the worse life, but ugly guys are at a close second. But good looking guys vs girls? Good looking guys have it better for sure. Guys have it better both ways

• even ugly girls still get a tits bonus... ugly guys get nothing.

• Defiantly worse to be an ugly girl, by a mile

• An ugly girl, cuz ugly guys tend to have girlfriends by college

• Ugly guys can still be rich and successful...

I don't think Donald Trump would be as good without his money

• it's worse to be an ugly guy because any woman can find a man. guys are just that thirsty. i'm willing to bet ugly weird guys end up alone forever way more often

• I voted ugly guy because I imagine getting a girl would be tough. Girls will always have one guy that likes her, even if he's the ugly guy. I agree that bullying in High School would be terrible though

• You're absolutely right on that and I agree with you. However I would go a step further by stating that even being an average -looking girl is worse than being an ugly guy for the same reasons you stated. In the dating world, it's only above average/hot girls who have it easier than guys (ugly or not). So in order of best to worst, I would put it as:

- pretty girls
    - guys
    - average-looking and ugly girls

• If you're an ugly guy, at least you know you can still always have girls flocking to you if you have money.

If you're an ugly girl, then you're pretty much fucked.

• I say ugly girls have it harder.

girls worry about their body image and looks because of the fashion industry instilling the "ideal beautiful girl" (skinny, etc) that doesn't even represent the majority of guys opinions. But there are guys that do bu they think all guys like it because they were influenced by it simce they were kids whether theyre concsiously aware of it or not. So even hot girls with nice bodies can honestly be subconsious about theyre body because of it. Like when hot girls who are in shape ask "do i look fat?" Or they see a girl with fat legs and she says "oh god her legs are so big, do mine look like that?" When she's skinny. Imagine what an not so good looking girl thinks about herself.

Also some will argue that an ugly girl has a better shot at at least hooking up with a hot guy than an ugly guy has at getting any attention other than being a friend from a hot girl. That part is true, but the ugly guy has first pick at ugly people... Like if he has a personality he can and most likey will still get an ugly girl thats better than himself. Meanwhile the girl equivalents of him are at the bottom of the barrel of choices. They would typically get the ugly guys who didn't have personalities or really ugly guys that had a face that even a personality couldnt make up for with ugly girls.

Also people are more accepting of a big ugly guy than a big ugly girl. I've seen it and girls and guys have talked about it, at first appearance people might be less accepting of your flaws and personality if you're a big ugly girl then a guy version of it. I noticed the big ugly girls that were universally accepted had AMAZING Personalities, while bigger girls who were sociable and even a little funny werent as accepted, but the big ugly guys who were the guy equivalent them looks and personality wise were freaking popular with everybody, whether high school or college.

• *also factor in theyre more likely to be targets of mean girls in middle school and high school, not just not being accepted but being put down

• Easier being an ugly guy. If you have money then girls will like you more.

• Guy because girls want hot guys

I'm not a hot guy or good looking x