My boyfriend told me once he wants child in future but I don't what should I do?

He told me he wants child and he loves looking at parents playing with child in the park. But I don't want. I don't know why. I am not prepared to even have one in the future. I would be miserable. I also don't want give up our romantic relationship with my boyfriend. That's thing I am most worried about. He would probaly love our child more than me and we wouldn't have time for each other. What to do..

Most Helpful Guy

• He wants to paint himself as some mature guy who'll be good with children because he thinks that's what women want deep down. He might want children, but talking about it when you're so young is disingenuous. If you have different feelings on the subject there's not a lot you can do.

Most Helpful Girl

• You're under 18, so it's highly unlikely that you would be ready to have a child any time soon anyway. You have plenty of time in the future to think about this more and once you're older, married, and financially stable then who knows, you may decide you do want children. I don't think this is something that should cause any issues in your relationship right now.

However, when you're older and becoming more serious with your boyfriend (if you stay together), and you still know in your heart that you never want children, then at that point it would become a more serious issue. It would then be something you would need to talk about with him and figure out whether or not it's something you could work out or compromise about.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 3

• You are under 18. Why even focus on that? Just enjoy your relationship for what it is, and don't he ahead of yourselves.

• But he said he wants a child "in the future" not now so what are you worried about? But anyways tell him. Tell him why.

• That is what I always thought of... No time for me and loving the child more than me. Just tell him straight up... If he wants to break up then break up if he is okay with you then ok, no problem.