Girls, Women when it comes to men do you prefer physical over mental attraction?

I dated this girl who ended telling me she was strongly attracted me mentally she loved me bc of who I am my heart my personality the way I treat her etc but said physical appearance is important to her she likes guys with huge muscles like Vin Desiel... So she ended up cheating on me with a bald guy who looked like his life was spent in the gym... She told me they didn't have a connection like me and her... Were not together anymore

but I want it hear from other women do you all think like this do I need to be at the gym all day?

9

Most Helpful Girl

• Not at all! I'd much rather date a shrimp who challenges me and makes me laugh than a buff guy with the personality of a log.

I'm in a serious relationship right now with a 5'8" skinnyfat kid who is my best friend and best part of every day. I've been sick with strep throat the last few days and he's been with me every second trying to make me as comfortable as possible. Don't get me wrong, I am physically attracted to him, but the mental attraction is what's keeping us together. A relationship won't last without it.

What Girls Said 8

• It’s not that I “prefer” physical attraction over mental attraction but that the sexual attraction must be equally balanced. Otherwise some other man will come along and outshine the guy I’m only mentally attracted to. A man doesn’t have to be ripped like Vin Diesel but he must be sexy and enticing enough to bring out a woman’s wild side otherwise there will be a certain element missing from the connection. However the fact that she cheated is indicative of a MAJOR character flaw. Or in other words: She ain't sh*t. Fuq her. You can find better.

• She tells me I'm physical attractive just not what she usually goes for...

• I'd prefer mental attraction. I don't like muscles anyway, so physical attraction for me wouldn't mean being in the gym, kinda the opposite :P Physical attraction is important, honestly, I'm not going to date someone that I'm not at all attracted to and I don't think that's unfair. However, it's like a 20 - 80, 30 - 70 max ratio. Mental attraction, emotional attraction, enjoying each other's company, that kind of thing matters much more.

• No you don't if it's to impress someone else but if it's for you then yes. Obviously physically you have to be attracted to someone at least in my opinion like I can't be with someone I think is butt ugly also personality is a big part if I end up liking you or not

• I need a mental and emotional attraction to my man. Without it, he is not getting anywhere with me. A mental and emotional connection far outweigh physical attraction in my eyes and can even lead to physical attraction that may not have been there otherwise.

• Yes we have a strong emotional attraction she tells me she loves me all the time and it all goes to shit bc she wanted to go spend a weekend at another guys house...

• Obviously physical attraction is more important to her. That is really sad that she gave up a stronger emotional connection for something that probably will not last.

• Yea she doesn't know what real love is

• Easy! Mental, I mean don't get me wrong if you've got the looks even cooler but that's not something that's my 'main' attraction, the personality is definitely my key-to-go thing. For example, I have this crush on this boy who I will name Edward, Edward is pretty much goofy, quiet (at times), silly and smart (but it's like he doesn't care sometimes).

He isn't afraid to speak his mind and I would consider he is a good friend. I mean there are so many good-looking boys in my school, that lots of girls like but I like the boy in my class (I named Edward) because of his Persona.

• some girls have different taste in men
    you'll find someone who likes you for you

• Personality is the best attraction someone can have.

• For me between looks and personality it's like a 60/40 split in favour of personality

Physically I'm attracted to skinny guys though, guys with nice faces and pretty hair. So about the gym that just depends what the girl is into, people are attracted to different features