How do you find guys in their 20s who want a relationship?

I can never find anyone who wants anything more than sex. It seems everyone my age is in a relationship but me. I'm actually a pretty attractive person, I'm funny, fairly intelligent, laid back, independent, not clingy, etc. I feel like these are all good qualities yet I seem to be the only one who can't find a decent guy to date.

What am I doing wrong? Where can I meet these guys? Am I supposed to act a certain way or do something specific?

Most Helpful Guy

• Really? I am actually getting worried that it's the girls who don't want anything serious. I'm a pretty sincere and serious guy and it makes me anxious to hear about how non-seriously it seems like many women treat relationships at least in the United States. From what I hear, it seems like men are becoming the ones to want relationships.

Anyhow, I can't really tell you "how to meet guys" because this is something I'm struggling with myself and have no idea how to do (how to meet girls), but what I WILL say is STAY AWAY from online dating, clubs, bars, and pubs if you want anything serious.

Online dating is an "everyone loses" situation as guys lose a lot of "value" there with all the competition and girls, while they receive a lot of messages, most of the messages they do receive are guys just wanting sex. And of course, bars and clubs are notorious for generating mere hookups, flings, etc.

Probably the best way, if I were to speculate, to meet people is going to be through friends, work, or shared hobbies, which I know is probably not helpful as you've heard that many times, I'd imagine, but I think that's where you have the most potential of finding something serious as many of those guys will already be somewhat acquainted and therefore at least a little bit emotionally connected with you.

Most Helpful Girl

• In Nicholas Sparks novels and teenage drama tv shows

What Guys Said 6

• Don’t change who you are just trying to attract a guy. No guy in the world is worth that. You may have better luck with guys a few years older than yourself. That may give you a better chance of finding someone who realizes that having a real connection with another person is much better than just “playing the field.”

• hmm the ugly guy, thats the one you are looking for... if you only date pretty boys then... good luck with that

• Seems pretty accurate honestly

• Cats suck but I have three dogs. Which come to think of it, they're better than dating so thank you for reminding me

• join the club I rather have my pitbull than a girlfriend, more affectionate and its actually loyal :)

• find the nice guy or pointdexter

• Sometimes it is us that are the problem. We, at times, do things in a subconscious way without realizing it that draws in negative things in our lives. When you do this, the self-fulfilling prophecy starts to take form, and it will perpetuate unless you change something about your behavior or cognition.

It may be hard to become aware of what the issue is because, like I mentioned before, it may be in your subconscious. You'll have to do some digging if you want to know the underlying issue. OR, maybe, the problem may stem from who you are choosing to court? Think about it.

• -shrugs- the world we live in I'm afraid all the guys like this you want are either taken already or have been hurt and don't feel like putting it out there, or just simply don't think there are any women out there who want the same thing.

• Hmm few and far between, its usually the extremely independent guys like me who are ready for something more... most guys fuck around though

What Girls Said 2

• :( Well I had a super cute boyfriend and we were super serious he was 21 and we were all lovey dovey and all about each other but yeah, things like that dont last when you're so young.

• You are not the only one. It seems like dating means having sex for guys. They can go out without sex. There is no romance either. I met some old men. They like romance and slow relationship with eating in a good restautant or something. Other than that I don't know any guy. It's really hard because guys are demanding. I am single and lonely but I like that way in a way. I got a friend anyway. I am trying to be good to my friends. I think that's better.