If you were dating someone and you found out they had been to prison in the past would you still date them?

Let's say you meet someone and you liked them but found out just a little later they had been to prison in the past but they claim they have changed would you still date them and give them the chance to show you they have changed or would you just stop seeing them completely?

Most Helpful Guy

• 1. I'd always take someone on face value
    2. It depends on what crime they went to prison for and how many times
    3. I'd sure check on their history
    4. I'd find out more about them by asking indirect questions (I'm good at that)
    5. No sweat in giving someone a chance but keeping myself safe is priority
    6. I would not want to spend time with a person I can't trust and I have a natural trait to spot anomalies ;)

Most Helpful Girl

• Depends on why they were there.
    Obviously I would take my shit and run if it was because of a murder or something xD
    But if it's something small, I'd probably stay. Everyone makes mistakes and can go through tough times in life.

What Guys Said 3

• If it was for something petty like stealing or drunk driving or whatever, sure I'd give them a chance. But using hard drugs or even murder... no way. They can claim they have changed all they want but I'm not buying it.

• I give people a chance, makes me feel kind heheh

• i would feel they deserved a chance to prove they have changed but only one chance

What Girls Said 7

• It would definitely depend on WHY they'd gone to prison, but if I really did like them, and believe them to have changed, I would give them a chance. But as the Anon guy said, only one.

• It would depends on what the person did, how long ago and how he is now.

• Yes I would. You have to analyze the factors behind it all.

• A person's past doesn't define their present or future.

• Depends on what reason. SEX crime is completely off

• I think it depends on what they went to prison for

• No, I wouldn't. Theirs no guarantee they won't do whatever they did again.