Why won't he put pictures of us up in his house?

We've been dating since January. Well exclusive since may. And we do so many activities together and with our kids. I'm a photographer by profession so I'm always taking pictures whether with my nice camera or doing the selfie thing. So about a month ago I tell him I'm going to print out a bunch of photos from all our summer fun and asked him which ones he'd like. He said ones of his son, the our two kids together and of course ones of us. So right away he takes one photo from the pack and it's one of his son and my daughter swimming... cute pic and he stuck it on the fridge. A few weeks go by and I ask why don't you have any of us up since you asked for them. They're just sitting in the envelope. He said he wanted to get some frames and he'd put them up in the bedroom. But he hasn't. I don't know why it bothers me. But it does a bit. And yesterday we took the kids to a pumpkin patch and my daughter took a really nice photo of him and I together. Probably the nicest pic of us both. I told him that it was a framer. Maybe this time I'll just go out and get it framed for him? Or is that too pushy?

Most Helpful Girl

• Definitely go out and get it framed. I think it's possible that he's just been too busy and has forgotten. For some people, having framed pictures is more of a priority. You being a photographer, it may seem like second nature to have framed photos in your home.

However, for a guy who isn't a photographer, it might not be as much of a priority. It doesn't sound like he's refusing to have them in his home. It seems like it's him not taking that extra step to get them framed so they can be put up. He quickly put a photo on the fridge, that would be an easy way to put up a picture. But if the other pictures are bigger and would require frames, that takes more time.

I know I have pictures that I have taken years ago that are still not framed and on the wall. I have every intention of doing that, but things get in the way and I forget.

I think it's perfectly fine to get that picture sent out for framing and give it to him to hang up. He'll probably put it up :)

What Guys Said 3

• No this is an acceptable hint as long as to don't point them out to him. Just place the frames where you know he will see / find them and just wait and see what he will do. If you point them out it will surely be looked upon as being pushy. Hope he takes the hint , if he doesn't you could stir things up a bit by framing the pics of you and your children or the ones of the children only and let him question you picks

• Only thing I can think of is that maybe his kids momma comes by or someone who knows the both of them and he is trying to keep you out of "the line of fire". Or growing up he didn't have many pics around the house. If he put up one pic of the kids it could be for them more than for him.

But you aren't crazy for feeling the way you do.

• If you want to buy a frame, go ahead but most guys don't care about framing pictures that much. Most of the sentimental things tend to fall to women.

What Girls Said 0