Do guys care about status, money or what you have?

I have been dating my boyfriend for almost 6 months. Overall he is a decent person. He treats me respectfully & doesn't put me down. He is really great so far. But lately I feel a bit below him status wise. He's really hard working, I am too but he has things that I don't. He has a decent job & his family is well off. I don't have the same. I have a job that doesn't pay good & I go to school. My family isn't well off & I would consider myself poor. On top of that he told me once that his mom was very opinionated & wouldn't approve of my job & living situations. But he told me that he listens to his mom to hear what she has to say but he doesn't pay attention to it because he doesn't like how she's materialistic & he likes who he likes and does't care if anyone else likes the person. Ever since that day I just felt like I didn't want to meet her & I felt self conscious. Recently he told me that he was trying to get a new job that would pay a lot more than the job that he has now it's in a nice area. I was really happy for him I like seeing people do well. But inside I couldn't help but feel a little insecure about my status in life. Finacially I fell like I have nothing to offer because I'm struggling. I'm trying to better myself it's just hard when you don't have the resources & you're doing it alone. I have goals & there's so much I want to do in life it's just hard. Sometimes I get upset with myself because I don't have certain things. But I'm not lazy. My insecurities started to get to me I felt kind of bad & started thinking why he would want a female like me that's poor & doesn't have much or would he eventually forget about me. I prayed to God that one day I would find a good guy that loves me but lately I start thinking do I deserve him because I'm not at the same status as him. I really love him with all my heart but I feel bad about my situation & status & I'm embarrassed. Deep inside do guys care about how much money you have, your status or where you work?

What Guys Said 1

• "But lately I feel a bit below him status wise. He's really hard working, I am too but he has things that I don't. He has a decent job & his family is well off."

^hope u don't feel jelly about him... if jealousy kicks in when u r in a relationship... consider it doomed... ;)

" On top of that he told me once that his mom was very opinionated & wouldn't approve of my job & living situations. "

^i see... so basically his mom doesn't want u as his girlfriend... :/

"But he told me that he listens to his mom to hear what she has to say but he doesn't pay attention to it because he doesn't like how she's materialistic & he likes who he likes and does't care if anyone else likes the person. "

^dis one's a good sign of course... ;)

"Ever since that day I just felt like I didn't want to meet her & I felt self conscious. "

^cannot blame u... i'd not like either... ;)

" I was really happy for him I like seeing people do well. But inside I couldn't help but feel a little insecure about my status in life. "

^if he doesn't care about it... wot's yer problem then? :)

"I prayed to God that one day I would find a good guy that loves me but lately I start thinking do I deserve him because I'm not at the same status as him. "

^personally i don't care about her status... and honestly i believe most guys don't as well... ;)

What Girls Said 0