Is it easier to go for someone you find average vs. someone you find attractive due to nerves?

Could this be a reason why some people want to be with an 8-10 but settle with a 5-6? Have you ever experienced this?

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes, absolutely! If someone was too attractive, I'd automatically assume that she's either already taken, or she would reject me anyway.

Most Helpful Girl

• I did have an 8-10 first. He was sexy af but a player. Now I'd say I have 6-7 and is very faithful.

What Guys Said 3

• Yes, but I consciously had to force myself to quit doing so as it was doing nothing for my self-confidence at the time.

So now, if I see someone I like, I'll shelve my worry and just talk and see what's going on in their head. Embarrassment is nothing compared to a life spent wondering "What if..."

• I don't find this to be true for me. Maybe true for others though.

• I think of it like I want a 5-6 who will get prettied up to an 8-10 for a date night.

To be honest I don't want to be with someone who is always in make-up and fancy dresses.

What Girls Said 0