Is age okay here?

I'm 17, I'll be 18 in three months. There is this guy he is super sweet and I have the hugest crush on him, he's 23/24. I'm already graduated from HS and have a full time job so i grew up pretty fast lol, anyways I wanted to give him my number tomorrow but first wanted to make sure it wasn't an issue.

• Age is NOT an issue
  • Age IS an issue

Most Helpful Guy

• An issue for who? In 3 months, you'll be a full blown adult with a full time job. If you are really into him, start by just dating him for 3 months...

I don't think that legally, age is an issue. Isn't age of consent 16 ?
    So I think the issue is between him and you. Do YOU want to be with him? It seems so. Does he? We don't know. If you both want to, there is nothing keeping you from each other but yourselves. There have been all sorts of crazy age gaps before and it's not about to change. Whatever people think. It's actually none of their business. It's all about you two.

Most Helpful Girl

• If you have to ask, then you know it is.

What Guys Said 10

• It's moderately sketchy. If you think it's true love, go for it. If just some lust, prolly find someone else

• Even though you graduated from high school and live on your own, I would wait until you officially turn 18. That way, if anything happens or comes up, you can avoid being in any sort of trouble. Once you turn 18, then I'd say it's fine. If you do it too soon, something could happen and then you and/or him will be in trouble.

• No. age does not look like a issue as long, as your comfortable with his age that is all matters. My ex girlfriend, was age 18 and i was age 35 at the time. We shared good romance when were together not a problem.

• Green light.

• Wait, 3 months isn't that long.

• If you REALLLY like him

• Sounds like a pedo

• Currently it is could be an issue for some people, but it is your life. My parents met when my Mom was 18 and Dad was 22.

• I think it's fine. You'll be 18 soon enough, so everything will be legal.

• If you plan to have sex with him before you turn 18 and the age of consent in your area is 18, that would be a problem. Otherwise you should be fine.

What Girls Said 1

• As soon as you turn 18, it won't be an issue. ^~^