How many years difference is too many?

So I'm 18 and recently met a guy and we started talking and stuff and we got along really well and I didn't realise he was 25 until he told me! And I don't think he realised I was 18 until I said that I had recently graduated school And now I'm starting to question how I feel about him because of the big age difference.

I just wanted to know, what people think is too many years difference and is seven years too much? I'm just confused.

Most Helpful Guy

• Anything within 5 years is fine, anywhere after 7-8 years is too much as there can be a significant difference in the way the person thinks and in the maturity level as well. In your case it seems like that, you are still a teenager whereas that guy is 25 and so he is a young man and well beyond his teenage years, so his thinking will be a lot different than you.

Yes, 7 years is some difference but not too much I would say. Just borderline.

Most Helpful Girl

• Personally, I have always been more interested in older men. The one serious relationship I had with someone my age was a disaster because my partner was incredibly immature and showed a lack of good judgment.

This relationship taught me a lot about what I wanted in my next relationship; I needed someone older and way more mature. Say you are 18 years old and meet someone who is 25 but get along extremely well and have amazing chemistry.

Even if you continue to hangout and develop well, there might be some insecurities that come along with dating someone older which could get in the way. A seven year difference can mean you are both in different spots in your life.

At 18 you can still be figuring yourself out and it can be a serious step to jump into a relationship with someone who has 7 years of experience on you. But, there are many positives as well with someone older.

Usually if you are doing this, you know what you are looking for and are attracted to maturity and someone who is successful. Chemistry comes in many different waves and if you have it with someone age really doesn’t matter in my opinion, as long as you are older than 18.

Good luck.

What Guys Said 3

• Do you like him? That's all that really matters. It makes sense if you are attracted to older men. We're a little more stable.

• You too are definitely at the barrier. I say 8 years will be too big, but you should fine to date this guy!

• This sounds fine to me. You both like each other and clicked and that's fantastic! Don't let this get in the way. Go for it!

What Girls Said 3

• As long as he's not old enough to be your Dad... all is good.
    Me and my guy have 8 year age difference.
    We met at 19 and 27/28.
    We got along so well that I spent no time thinking about his age and spoke to him the same way I would anyone

• i think its alright! you are both adults!

• Age differences don't matter. My parents were more than your seven years difference. Eight to be exact. It's how you feel about that person. Deep inside. If you know he's the right guy, what the hell does it matter?