Boyfriend being distant?

Just in the last day or two it seems like my boyfriend has been slightly more distant - and maybe a little bit down, too. Should note that he has been dealing w/depression... I usually try to give him space when it seems like that's what he wants.

Not it sure if this is the right approach? I try to not overwhelm him with "what's wrong?" And "why do you seen down?" And other similar questions. I know he's dealing with things that he doesn't necessarily want to talk about all the time and I know they have little to nothing to do with me.

Is there something else I could be doing? A better way to go about things when he seems distant?

Most Helpful Guy

• Go up to him and hug him tightly.

Most Helpful Girl

• It sounds to me as wise as I am, he is Getting worse with his condition of "Depression" and Needs to seek a professional.
    All you can do is be there for him, whether it is one day today or tomorrow with sorrow.
    It will most likely be a long haul in the long run with a recovery. Certain meds may not take affect or will 'Affect' him and it is back to the drawing board as always.
    It does take a special person Unconditionally to stick by their side. Give it some thought as to take the Ride or to just Not... Abide.
    Good luck and blessings. xx

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 3

• Its funny that he likes to be left alone when depressed but maybe thats the time you should reach out more. You should try to find out the real reason for his depression and work with him towards eliminating it once and for all. Although in most cases, depression is caused by illness pr diseases in which times a doctor would be useful.

• Just send him a message (or tell him face to face) that you really appreciate him and that you'll be there for him if he needs you. If he needs you, he'll come to you. Otherwise, stay put.

• Instead of asking what's wrong try this. ...
    "You seem down baby, what can I do to help?"