My EX is contacting me randomly; did I open the door by mistake?

I was seeing a man, on and off, for a year. We broke up two months ago. Two weeks after the split I sent him a text telling him that I had no hard feelings and that I wished him well. He didn't respond at the time. 3 weeks ago I got a text in the afternoon that said, "Glad you feel that way, I hope you're doing well." Like he had that text save this whole time and just now replied to it. I texted back, "I'm fine. I hope you're well too". He didn't say anything after that. This past Friday night he texted, "how are you?" I said “I'm fine, how are you?” He didn't say anything again.

I was telling my bother about this and he said that I opened the door for him to try to get back together because I basically said I wasn't mad at him by replying. I'm not sure if I agree with that since he didn't respond to me when I asked him if he was ok. If he wanted to get back with me wouldn't he have started a conversation instead of showing up after 2 months and running away?

Most Helpful Guy

• he's trying to get you to express the desires of getting back together, hence why he goes silent, in the hope you will make an effort to keep the convo going. Yes in a way you did sow the seed, but he's the one whos trying to get you to water it also. My advice would be to ignore his text for a while and see if he starts making an effort, this way you will know his intentions, x

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 0