Guys like forward girls but they don't like clingy or needy girls. How do I know the difference?

How do I know if I am being bold and forward and direct vs being annoying and needy and clingy?

Most Helpful Guy

• clingy or needy = constant attention. essentially needing the guy to do x, y, or z otherwise there is drama or questions about how he feels about you. so for example if a guy goes out with buddies and tells you so and the girlfriend constantly texts or calls this would be seen as rather clingy since you know the guy is busy

forward or bold/direct = is pretty different. the girl knows what she likes. she can be up front about saying how she feels. maybe she initiates some actions that traditionally guys were expected to initiate.

Most Helpful Girl

• OMG yes I see some mem saying they don't like women who play games but when I would be direct the guy would disappear! What do men want lol

What Guys Said 12

• I wish I knew what to tell you.

Honestly, being bold means you know what you want, and you'll do what it takes to get it.

The problem is, once you decide what you want, you are kind of dedicating yourself to it.

I don't think there's a correct answer to this question. It's just another way people contradict themselves when it comes to "what they want"

• Don't worry too much about all this. The guys who get really squeamish over "needy and clingy" girls are guys who are afraid of expectations and having people rely on them. No one wants to date a child, obviously, but just be yourself. The guy who's right for you will be happy to put up with your little quirks and listen to you vent, even if you are sometimes what could be considered needy. We're all needy sometimes, and I want my woman to need me and lean on me when she needs me.

• Forward girls: they know what they want, and don't quite care what other people think.

Clingy/needy: they need to be around their guy 24/7 - like, literally 24/7; someone that always/constantly asks his guy or a guy questions like how they look or how they feel about them or something.

• Needy and clingy means that you are unable to function without being around them and you demand them to spend all their time with you, they will feel restricted and will want to break loose and run away.

• As far as the difference is concerned I can only confirm what @madhatters4 explained...
    I seem to be the exception to the rule though, I appreciate both categories of girls :D

• being forward is telling a guy how you really feel minus all the bs clingy is trying to be with him 24/7 and you always have to know what he's doing etc..

• It's all about how much strong bond you share with a guy. how much you are loyal in a relationship, do you really in need or taking advantage n many more aspects are there. Understand think n do :-)

• Clingy = not being able to be without guy for any period of time
    Forward = "Hey you're cute can i have your number"

• If you call or text more than once a day without a reply.

• Forward is just speaking your mind. Me personally, I'll tolerate needy/clingy to an extent... honestly we all are a little bit. But when clingyness becomes bad in my opinion is when a girl jumps down my throat for not answering a text right away or not returning a phone call right away or yelling at me and calling me a piece of shit because I happen to be busy working at a job at the moment making a living.

But, yes be forward, just don't act crazy lol.

• Knowing what he wants and going for it but knowin when to back off too

• Forward would be that she makes he first move maybe? The last girl I dated for example talked to my friends to find me and get my number lol, forward. It was refreshing and made things easier for me too

What Girls Said 3

• By forward, I think that just means being clear with what you want. If you're interested, tall him! If you want sex, more oral, more of a certain position, also tell him. Don't waste time with playing games or sending endless hints then getting frustrated if he doesn't pick up on them.

Clingy is like... bombarding his phone with texts every hour, on the hour. Getting mad if he's 5 minutes late to see you. Inviting him out for dinner to celebrate a one-week anniversary, etc.. Essentially demanding that all his free time is spent with or somehow involving you.

• Clingy would be "where have you been" "where are you going" "why didn't you answer my call/call me back" blah blah blah

Forward girls call them out on their BS in a tactful way, and won't be a doormat for them to walk all over.

• There is no difference. It first looks like a girl is bold and outspoken... Later it turns out she's jzsty clingy and needy. And the guys whine about all girls being controlling and clingy...