Can someone explain how most girls are attracted to jerks?

Most Helpful Girl

• Sometimes I get the feeling it's so the girls can feel like they're the better person, like they're such a saint for putting up with such a jerk, "look at my big ass heart, I love this guy even though he's a giant fuckwad". "I'mma change this guy with the power of my magical healing vag!" Shit like that. Then they start to understand what being a jerk really does to you - slowly chip away at your self-esteem and stuff - and then it's tumblr and facebook posts galore, "real men blah blah blah, ride or die guy blah blah blah" like shit - where was this "real men manual" when you first started dating this jerk? :\

• Some girls really just do get the short end of the stick and that's highly unfortunate for them. I don't know. It's hard to sympathize sometimes. It's why I'm always the one for cutting the dead weight and getting the fuck outta there.

What Girls Said 2

• Read what others have commented, and mostly agree with what they're saying.

Having personally dated jerks in the past, I will just say that the person I was initially attracted to later revealed their true selves... And I eventually realized and got out. Those jerks you speak of are (generally) very insecure and it's almost like they're putting on an act for everyone.

I think it also has a little something to do with wanting something you can't have - or that it's a 'challenge'... I think that goes for men chasing women, too.

Don't be a jerk to get girls though. That method only works on girls that haven't been through the full experience of dating one. Eventually, it's the nice guys that win.

• They like the challenge of trying to change him. But not all girls like jerks, and I'm one of those!

What Guys Said 4

• Sure.

Jerks do not worry. Non-jerks do. Thinking about consequences is boring, complicated, and not exciting.

Jerks constantly flirt with women, where non-jerks worry about harassing them. People like positive attention, so the jerk seems more attractive in this situation.

• What age range are we talking about? If it's the break 20s range, it should be self-explanatory - hollywood power and all that jazz.

I don't see a lot of women with plain jerks, most of them are actually well off guys with confidence. Just because they aren't nice to every single person doesn't make them a jerk.

• Because stupid people are more confident. They don't have the brains to second guess themselves or question anything. Sociopaths

• Most girls aren't smart enough to realize that those guys do stupid ridiculous stuff not because they are confident but because they truly don't give a damn. They think it's exciting and most women rely on guys for excitement. Girls just sit and wait and want the guy to woo them and a jerk can do that since he doesn't care about anything