Where is a good place to meet people/ get a date?

So I've been single about six months or so now, and although I'm not completely over my ex, I'm 100% sure I do not want him back. So I feel the next step to help me completely move on would be to star meeting new guys.
BUT WHERE?
I do enjoy having a good time But partying is not all i want to do/isn't the priority, but with all the guys i know that seems to be all they care about.

And what's a good way to go about approaching guys, like, what would i say?

Most Helpful Girl

• Ignore all the horror stories and try online I met the man of my dreams after months of online dating but he was worth it. His brother and girlfriend also met online

What Guys Said 1

• Its so easy for you women you could go to a food store and meet a guy every time. For us men Its real hard, for you girls its a walk in the park

What Girls Said 1

• Meet people at work or anywhere. But I work in a upscale restaurant with a lot of beautiful women, so that his I meet most of people I'm dating lol it like three of them. It easier at work since you see them a lot so have a lot chances. I'm lesbian by the way