Is it okay to constantly text your boyfriend?

Okay, okay, I know. It's obsessive, clingy, annoying, etc. That's what I think too, and I feel ashamed for texting my boyfriend so much. He's told me more than once that he doesn't mind that I give him a lot of updates about my day when he isn't there. That he likes it, it shows I'm being caring, etc. But... I don't know. I still feel guilty, like I'm being irritating. He's very sweet & honest, and we're extremely supportive of each other, but... I feel like I need some other people's opinions. Is texting him a LOT annoying?

Most Helpful Girl

• Well, as long as he is okay with it. Truth is, everyone is different with texting. I'm not the biggest fan of texting, but if my boyfriend (if I had one) texted me often throughout the day I wouldn't be upset about it. It's nice to know that they want to tell me abut their day and that they want to talk to me. I'd rather that than someone who barely tries to keep a convo. If he's okay with it, then that's all that matters. Stop stressing so much.

What Guys Said 3

• A LOT can be annoying, but if he's being honest about the fact that he doesn't mind, then I think it's not a problem. Let's just hope he didn't say that because he wanted to be nice.

• If he is honest and he said he doesn't mind, then it is fine... But at te same time, couldn't you be doing something more productive?

• I suppose, but I read on my phone a lot and I have it with me most of the day. We're always very honest with each other and love just talk about whatever, so...

• I don't think it would be annoying personally. I only recently started talking to this girl and I love it when she messages me, we didn't talk much the other day and I was disappointed. I think as long as he answers and it is a actual answer not a one word answer your fine, if however it's a blunt one word answer maybe leave it a while

What Girls Said 2

• When you like someone everything that comes from that person is a great feeling. My boyfriend does that too and i love it. But be careful though to not annoy him too much, cause after some time it might get annoying. Imagine he is in some serious business, or situation and you text him something stupid :)

• Lol well he keeps his phone on vibrate like... ALL the time

• Well if he tells you it's not annoying then I don't think it bothers him but try to text him just a little less because theirs a point where you have nothing to talk about try to do something that occupies you. It's nice to know that your significant other is thinking about you but not every single second of the day

• Well.. of course not every second of the day, only when he can. Sometimes we just complain to each other there's nothing to talk about, but rarely. There's usually stuff to say.

• Exactly so try to give him alone time because not not but maybe one day he'll feel like your suffocating him. That's what happened to me with my ex

• That's what I told him I should do, and he keeps telling me he likes it and not to stress about it. But I still do; that's why I'm asking y'all.