Is he interested in a date or not?

I generally have a rule about not dating coworkers. However, one has seemed to show sudden interest, at least sudden to me. We neve really spoke until he suddenly started almost finding me to start some sort of conversation. This is after another coworker said out of the blue, "I think you should hook up with ____" I did say to that coworker that I don't get involved with coworkers... and it took me a minute to figure out who he was as we have not really ever spoken. Ever since, he has made it a point to talk to me - though the conversation is weird and awkward at best, and I catch him looking at me all the time. Once I caught onto what I believe is interest, I made it all weird, and I get uncomfortable about it... we are coworkers, I like to keep my personal life separate from my professional life and don't like others involved in it, and it hasn't been that long since I got out of a several year relationship. I do like him, and would be open to a date and seeing what happens, but it would seem he is either not as interested as I thought, or is hesitant for any number of reasons. I have never had this much trouble talking with a guy, so I know a lot of it is my reaction and talents in making it weird. We are friends on facebook and have chatted some. I recently messaged him and said "If you want to talk outside of work, here's my number". Have not heard from him. This has been going on about three months. Do I make a move or just let it be?

What Guys Said 1

• If he lacks the confidence to ask you for a date, you will probably not be happy with him as a potential partner. The process weeds out some people for us, so just let it happen.

What Girls Said 0