The silent treatment, immature?

My girlfriend of a month is giving me the silent treatment, didn't message me good morning like she usually does. Am I right for not messaging her either? I feel like if you have an issue you should address it and not just ignore me, I find it immature. Is this the right way to go about things as to not let her get used to getting what she wants?

Most Helpful Girl

• So... she didn't message you "good morning" one time and you assumed the silent treatment has been initiated?

Err, did you assume this because she's an insane texter that messages every waking moment and religiously texts a "good morning" every day?

I mean, is it possible that perhaps she didn't have time to or simply forgot?

Silent treatments are stupid, but unless you're dating a texting maniac, it's a bit silly to assume she's ignoring you just because she didn't send one "good morning" text. :B

If she IS giving you the silent treatment, she's being ridiculous and should just tell you what's wrong. But if she simply didn't think it was that big of a deal, you're being overly dramatic.

In either case this relationship doesn't sound like a brilliant one, considering you're only 1 month in and there's already problems occuring over minor bullshit.

Most Helpful Guy

• why is she giving you the silent treatment?

yes it is immature. It's essentially a passive aggressive way to try and get what you want or make someone crawl to you. That said I don't think you should do the same. Two wrongs don't make a right so if she is being immature you being immature too doesn't make you right

What Girls Said 5

• As you said, it's always better to talk things through. Whenever she contacts you again, you can explain to her that you'll always be willing to talk about things that bother her, but that if doesn't communicate, you're not going to be begging to talk.

But you're sure this was because of something that bothered her and not because she was busy?

• its not immature! its a way to make the person re-think about what he/she did a way to make them realize their mistake

• Isn't it more mature to just address the situation? What's the point of a guessing game? Just come out and say this bothered me and it can be resolved

• Ugh, I so detest the silent treatment.

I think you should write a good paragraph explaining that the silent treatment does not help in conflicts.

She needs to tell you what's up and you need to listen.👍

• Do u know its the silent treatment? Maybe something happened?

• That's very childish especially assuming she is in your age group. When I'm upset I will just tell my boyfriend and we will discuss it like adults. Throwing a tantrum doesn't work nothing gets solved. Was it a big issue?

What Guys Said 5

• She's afraid of confrontation. Just call her or go over and talk to her about what happened. It's immature on your part to just distance yourself because she's not telling you what bothers her. Like either get it sorted out or get out of the relationship cause nothing good will come out of your current the situation.

• Do the same.. Silent treatment is something people do...
    I think they do it purposly to see how hard you try break the silence..
    Like a big ass game..

I say, dont break a sweat over it.. Go on as nothing happened.. Dont message
    her.. Wait for her to break her silence

• It is really immature and it will only make problem worse, you should just confront her.

• Try 7 months

• The fact that she is ignoring you, is a good sign. I know it may not seem like it but this tells you she cares. I do the silent treatment a lot when im mad.
    Anyways I think that you should be messaging her, like blow her phone up. She may not respond but when a guy does this it does show us girls that you care. After a while if she really likes you shell get over it, and start talking to you again.